Img 6004

R.j.Elsewhere

In every bit of truth, my writing is pretty terrible and by being here, I hope to improve it. Anyways, all you have to know about me is that I love coffee, my cat, and food, and of course, writing and reading. And I hate the way 'Lemon' is spelt.

Very messy at the end, oops

#WARNING!Iamblank

10
I am an old soul – one whose hips would rock to either Pearl Jam, or Paul Anka. My mouth is full of elapsed sayings, ones like fire in the heart sends smoke into the head, and sometimes I stumble over the cords of this world when I go off to dip my quill or dust the time off of my typewriter. My mother says that the tongue is of either graveyard or garden – it only matters what you choose to put in the soil to tell the difference. And I’ve lost count of the number of semantic corpses I’ve swallowed over the years, letting them rot between tooth and lip instead of ink and page.

So maybe I should wear a warning label written in Latin

Because Latin and I are lovers, you see; we both have souls of old and lost lore, and foolish desire. Both fools to think that we would reign in the minds and mouths of man, but we both were so lonesome and loved starved that fabas indulcet fames.

Though at day wake, what I and Latin have is nothing but a secret - an affair meant for shadow and hush. Because though Latin has me – heart and soul – I am the mistress in his marriage to History. History – the one to hold his heart and soul so close, through day, and even night, a time where it is supposed to be just us; the lonely lost in passion and not-quite-but-maybe-love.

You see, History and I are not old friends. We are the world’s first Arch-rivals, the ones who bred hate into this world way before the childish bicker of Able and Cain. I do not want to stay in the hollow of her mothering hands until this world is collected once again and dissolved into stardust– my existence will not be snuffed out by her smothering ways. So to punish my rebel-mouth, she sent solitude to conquer my primal soul for ignoring the forever rest, and in reprisal, I warmed her bed with Latin, her husband.

So maybe I should wear a warning label written broken goods

Please know that if I could, I would choose not to be a homewrecker in this life; but in this world one would rather have the hide of a wolf and the face of a sheep, then the other way round. For this world is one of madness and so cut-throat, the streets fill with the milk and honey of our words, but run red in the realism of our odium for one another. And though my soul is from a time of youth and wine, my body is from one where teenagers take turns burning their fates for money; as we are the generation meant to be consumed by the fires of pollution left to us by the last.

So maybe I should wear a warning label written risk

I am part of a dead generation walking; where we have accidental overdoses from those who have quick lips, and suicides from others who think the marrow in their bones tip the scales a little bit too far. My therapist says she sees a number of children who have hollow eyes but straight A’s, their parents are so proud that their vanity blinds the midnight panic-attacks and red-ribboned wrists. My soul doesn’t get it, being so naive to the future it rages and riots at the whispers behind palms and fake smiles. I tend to shut it up with liquor (it craves something old but I give it something new) and lull it calm with Jay Kristoff, and rock it sleepful with Hasley. Because if I don’t I would go mad for what’s right, instead of going quiet of what’s accepted.

Honestly, if I had to wear a warning label with something written on it – I wouldn’t know. Because I am too old, yet so new to know who I am, or why I am here; there is too much of me to bottle, yet not enough drink. I feel incomplete and somehow whole. I’m just a lost boy at home, really.

So, I think I would just leave it blank…
I kinda got super sloppy at the end though so sorry... anyways enjoy! And thank you @Alylee03 for creating this contest, it was interesting to join, I hope you like what I created.

• November 20, 2018 - 5:34am (Now Viewing)

• EmileyHoldsworth

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS DADDY

Great job! Good luck for the contest, this is fantastic!
    P.S. I know this is kinda out of the blue, but I would really appreciate it if you would check out my novel Elfboy. I have six chapters published on here, but you don't have to read them if you don't want to.
    Again, good luck with the contest, your piece is brilliant! :D

Ho why you gotta write so good?

• AminahMcBina

Wow this was amazing! You are so talented!!!!!!!! I wish I could write like you :(

-Mina

• A person

No words to describe how amazing this piece is! Love the message.

• Araw

Sloppy where? No evidence of that whatsoever friend?