AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

I'm always trying to see things from different perspectives. Is this believable?

The Journal Entry of a Dying Teen

2
January 6th, 2011

Dear Journal,

I don't quite know what to write.
   Even know I'm still in shock.
Now I understand for the first time, how terminally ill patients feel.
   The hopelessness washes over you like unstoppable ocean waves. You stand up, and they knock you down. Over and over. A constant struggle of man vs nature.
   Only, I know that for me, "nature" will win out.
I can try all the remedies in the world. All the "doctor recommended" pills. But short of a miracle, I'm still going to die.
   The words seem surreal even as I write them.

I am going to die.

I'm seventeen. A high-school senior, with no boyfriend, many artistic talents, and a college plan after graduation. 
But none of it is worth anything. None of it is going to happen. 

Because I am going to die.

I think of the time I had my mind elsewhere while with a friend, and I wish I had paid more attention. All my mistakes are back to haunt me. 
   I see every place differently. Each time I wonder if it's the last time I'll see it. See the people I love. What will become of my memory when I'm gone?
   I want them to remember me. But like everyone, I will be forgotten, and it makes me sad. Alone.
   What did I do in my life that is worth remembering? What have I said to encourage someone? 
   Will people quote me? Will they think about me? Will they be glad they knew me? 
   There's so much I want to do. Graduate high-school and college, get married, have a girl who looks like me, make my parents proud. The list could go on forever.

But I don't have forever. 

Because I have acute leukemia.

Wishing I had better-spent my time,

~Alyssa Glasser 

• annie_cheng

Wow, this is really good! I love the perspective, and it's definitely believable. Amazing piece :)

• AbigailSauble

@Zixdude...............by the repetition in your comment, I assume that I succeeded? :D Thanks for reading, BTW.

• Zixdude

You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. You are brilliant. HOLY COW!

• AbigailSauble

You're sweet. :)

• Christy Wisdom

I think that I could believe this. It seems plausible to me.