The Bubbling Pen

bubbling writer
mathsey person
swimmer
thesaurus-lover
learner driver
poet
pizza and pasta muncher
dessert hogger
science blogger
realist

Avatar made by Serendipity <3

Note =) I like to end my reviews with a "roses are red..." poem. Yes, it means I loved it. With all my heart <3

Sometimes the best worlds are within the folds of our imagination.
~ The Bubbling Pen

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read.
~ Oscar Wilde

Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined. Lawless, winged and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind.
~ William Shakespeare

Eight Long Summers #ICBYShortStory

6
It’s been eight long summers.

I stand, leaning against the frame of my weary porch and stare over the field of bright yellow canola flowers. But in my eyes, they don’t shine with the sun or sing to the heavens. In my eyes, they fade before me, into blurs of copper red and greying hues. Somewhere out there, beyond the leaves and winds and waves - is the boy I used to know. Your dear blue eyes and cheeky smile haunt me every night. So I stand, leaning against the frame of my weary porch and wish, and long, and hope. I dream of you sauntering back in those denim coveralls. I dream of you stumbling up these rickety old steps to engulf me in a hug. I dream of you when you were young and promised to stay forever more.

Son, I can’t believe you left.
#ICBYShortStory

Thanks AminahMcBina for this prompt and competition!

• November 18, 2018 - 1:12am (Now Viewing)

• The Bubbling Pen

Thanks Ashleigh!!

• Ashleigh2403

I really could see the imagery, great description, and good piece

• The Bubbling Pen

Thanks Mina :) It's great to see the amazing range of different ways the other writers have interpreted your prompt!

• AminahMcBina

Wow. I'm utterly impressed! Well done!!! Where have all you great writers been hiding all my life?!?!
    Thanks for entering the competition! Good luck! -Mina
    Ps. you can just call me Mina, I saw your comment on my piece

• The Bubbling Pen

Thanks @ timtam.9!

• timtam.9

Wow. That ending was great, very loaded with emotion.