AJ - Izzy

How to write all of me in less than 10 seconds?

Hmm, let me think... how about DREAMER?

Yup. That works.

Prompt: I can’t believe you.
:)

Never judge someone without knowing the whole story. You may think you understand, but you don't.
-Anonymous

*Trapped* #ICBYShortStory

8
"Goodnight, darling", my mother whispered as she closed the door. I nodded, smiling as if everything was okay.
It wasn't.

Nothing could take away the fear, the overwhelming desire to run until you collapse from exhaustion. Nothing was okay. I clung to the last sounds I would hear that night, fading footsteps. 

Then... nothing. My chest tightened, and I began to shake. It was cold, so cold. The Dark had overtaken everything; sound, peace, light. The only thing left was dry, empty space. Fear. Dead whispers drifting through my head, trapping me. No escape. No hope. 

Every crack, every dent in the wall seemed to scream. I clutched my ears, begging it to stop. 
No one believed me, everyone thought I was some crazy teenage, going through a stage.
But no, Dark had come, and he chose me.
I was lost, lost in the pain.
Lost in the darkness.
Trapped. 

• RNE

Awesome work! I second everything @AminahMcBina said, I can truly relate!

• AminahMcBina

Hey AJ, I saw your comment on my piece, "On Fire." I just want to let you know, your words mean a lot, and they made my frown turn into a smile.

God bless you,
    Mina

• AJ - Izzy

Thanks so much, can't wait! :)
    -AJ

• AminahMcBina

Wait. What? No. What happened!? Why can I relate so much, am I reading *me?*

I loved this so much!!!!!! Ah, I can't begin to tell you how good this was!

Thanks for entering my contest. Good luck! -Mina