Tumblr niusnzfaio1rfulh2o1 1280

luluzen

18. lover of TV, movies, and comic books. sci-fi and fantasy are my loves and poetry is who i turn to at night.

Almost Like Destiny

PROMPT: All in a Name

1
My name is one of the oldest in the Albanian language.

Luljeta

The meaning is literally poetry. "Flower of Life". My parents had no idea that naming me this would go full circle. I'm the loudest. The most active. The most awake. The most alive. My large family gets tired of me quickly. They find the day boring while I thrive in the sun. 

Growing up I had to listen to people butcher my name. The correct pronunciation is, "luh-l-yetah", but apparently I would have to deal with the 'j' being pronounced for most of my childhood. I've had to deal with nicknames. I have plenty of them. I don't mind it. Some are ridiculous, but I find them funny and unique. There's Lu, Lulu, Luj, Luigi, Lugio, Jeta, Jet, and Luli.

I've never found my name to be some unique personality trait when I was younger. I always had wondered why my siblings were allowed easier names while I was stuck with the hard one. Now, I'm protective of my name. I lift my head with pride when people say they think it's pretty. I glare when people ask me for an easier name to say. 

I think at this point, I'm so used to being the "flower" that I don't know what I would do if I suddenly had to call myself, "Jessica" or "Ashley".

1