Wtw hiatus pfp

Surly Wombat

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WOW DAY ONE IS DONE! I DIDNT MEAN FOR THAT TO RHYME. comment what i should do for tomorrow's prompt.

A Universe Far Away | #80prompts Day 1

3
This prompt is brought to you by Anha! That is here. Please comment what I should do next.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Today I woke up and went to school knowing that it was impossible for anything bad to happen.
    In other worlds, I would be wearing a mask that covered my mouth and nose. In other worlds, a lockdown drill would be more than a silly precaution. In other worlds, a bra-strap or thigh or shoulder would be reason for detention. In other worlds, a highschooler walking alone would clutch keys between her fingers to ward off unwanted attention. In another universe far away, there were rainbow parades and schools that were shot at. There were kids ashamed of being too fat.
    Today I am happy because that's the stuff of movies, set in a universe far away.

____________________________________________________________________________________
that was short and plotless but i had to write it for reasons including the world is so horrible that im not even allowed to go to the next women's rights march because of shootings/bombings. ugh. the world makes me sad right now.

• Surly Wombat

Thanks!

Woah, I was expecting something fantastical, but this is something else. Truly, how you tied in current issues into this short but impactful piece is inspiring. Well done!

• Surly Wombat

And other places probably. China's the one I know of though, so yeah.

• Surly Wombat

A/N the fact that there even NEEDS to be a women's rights march is saying something in itself. The masks thing is about pollution in China in case you didn't know.