Dsc 3077

Victoria Penning

b-day is Jan 1st
17
11 siblings
airsofter
writer
baker
coffee drinker
fangirl of Keeper of the Lost Cities
a goof
town & country girl
Author of Evidence for Angels
Jesus loves you, and I do too.

I was reading a piece that korra4life had written called The Dancer, and I started to think deeper about the love that I have for dancing. I love to dance. I'm terrible at it, and I can't make up moves at all, but I still love to do it. I hope I'm not copying their piece, but it inspired me to write how I felt when I danced. :) I hope you guys like it. :D Oh, and go check out korra4life. ;D There's some great writing over there. :D

Jess' Dance

4
    The music filled her mind as her arms swirled about her in a graceful, flowing motion. Her feet moved, stepping here and there, turning her, moving her body and telling the world a story without her words. Her eyes were closed in bliss at the gentle tones of the melody, but when the music changed to an up-beat song, she grinned and became almost like a doll, but still with her natural gracefulness. Her body moved in quick succession, keeping the tempo with the beat. Her heart began to beat faster and she breathed a little harder, but the smile never left her face. This was what she loved, what dreamed about, and what she did almost every single day. She almost paused when she noticed her brother standing in the kitchen entry way, looking at her as if she had gone crazy, but she gave him a loopy grin and finished her funky dance with a not-so-clean pirouette, but happy with it anyways. He shook his head and walked away. Jess smiled breathlessly, and then turned back to the dishes she was supposed to be doing. My goodness, she did love to dance.

• November 15, 2018 - 1:31am (Now Viewing)

• Victoria Penning

Haha! A circle skirt, is where you fold a large piece of fabric in half, and then make a crescent shape in the fold, and cut it out. Once cut out and un-folded, the shape of the skirt is in a complete, and perfectly round, circle. Circle skirts also swirl out a lot more than normal skirts, so... Fun for dancing as long as you have something On underneath. XD you can also look up a video for diy circle skirts if you're still confused about what it is. :D

• AbigailSauble

...what exactly is a circle skirt? :D

• Victoria Penning

Oh good. Someone who shares my goofyness. ;D I just made myself a circle skirt, so I've been dancing a little bit more than usual. XD

• AbigailSauble

:D :D I dance around the house sometimes, so.......;) You're not alone.

• Victoria Penning

AS I guess you'll never know. Unless you ask my family. XD

• AbigailSauble

;) 'Maybe you are, and maybe you aren't.' (Treebeard: LOTR) =P

• Victoria Penning

All the time. XD I'm not kidding either. I dance in the kitchen and then Jake looks at me as if I'm crazy. XD

• AbigailSauble

Did this really happen? ;)

• Victoria Penning

Yeah. :D oh good. I was slightly worried about that. XD
    Thanks!!! :D

• korra4life

Hey! You wrote this based on The Dancer??? I'm so touched :D
    Don't worry, you're not copying me. Your story is a little different from mine since you discuss Jess' love of dancing, not just the dancing itself.
    I like this!