Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Last Time

PROMPT: In the House

6
It permeated everything.
   Cold, unyielding, dark, evil. 
At the hearth, warm flames danced and hissed, but in the corners, it hid, watching patiently. 
   I felt it when I walked in from school. When I woke up in the morning. After practicing piano. 
Dread coated my house like dust. It settled over my clothing, in my hair, collected under my shoes. 
   The scent of imminent death was like a heavy wool blanket. 

My mom was going to die. 

There was no justice. There was no laughter. There was no hope. 

My mom was dying a slow, painful death of cancer. There was nothing I could do to save her. Nothing I could do to help her. Nothing I could say to comfort her. 
   All I could do was watch her, day after day, moaning in her fitful sleep. Growing thinner each day, a shell of who she truly was. 

I wanted my mom. I wanted hope. I wanted a miracle. 

It never came.

The last time I kissed my mom. The last time I watched her exhale. The last time I said 'goodbye'. 
   As she disappeared from my life, the dread did, too. 

Replaced by a hard lump of silence. 
   The silence of grief.

It permeated everything.

1

• korra4life

Just wrote the review

• AbigailSauble

@RNE: You're so sweet! Thank you. :)

• AbigailSauble

Haha. :D :D You're welcome. :P

• Victoria Penning

ABBY HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!?!?!?!?!?! THIS IS SO SAD!!!!!!!! but excellently done. *almost evil chuckle* ;D

• RNE

Heart wrenching, you have blown my mind away!

• AbigailSauble

:) Empathy. I see through my character's eyes, asking the question: "How would I feel if I was going through that experience?"

• Zixdude

Eye-opening, really. How do you do that? Write so much emotion into your pieces?