1780

Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

13 years old.
In love with books.
Ranger's Apprentice. 1
Dawn of Wonder. 2
Wings of Fire. 3
Warriors. 4
Percy Jackson. 5

ENFP-T

Coldplay.
Beatles.

Guitarist.
Artist.
Screamer.
Lover.
Actor.

Dreamer.

I have found that what I put here before was very deep.
Nah...
Just wanted to say hi.
So hello.

And remember that whoever you are, however you look, in what way you think, what you drink, how you express yourself, how you write, what music you listen to, and even how long your fingernails are, the only real thing about you is what you decide to be.

#paperbirdcontest Needle Forest

4
Pricking, poking, dark green pines.
Stretch up to the bright blue sky.
Birdsong rings throughout the world.
Scuffling through the roots of wood.

The needle's stretch around me. I am surrounded in falling, darting, spirits. I hear their singing; melancholy, but with a touch of magic and intrigue. They realize that winter is coming, where they will be buried by the sorrows of the sky, the frozen tears of life.
    Soon the ground will not be visible, but the leaves of the spindly trunks will continue to snow down around my walking form. I exhale, and see my breath stark white against the rest of the world. In this moment, standing in the pines, I lay down and gaze to the haven of peace. I stare into the air that scars the world in it's shroud. The world is quiet here.
I know this is a bit poem-ish, but I hope you like it!

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

thank you!

• Paperbird

Thank you so much for entering my contest!
    This is a truly beautiful entry. Your descriptions are vivid and the language is beautiful and flowing. I particularly like, "sorrows of the sky, the frozen tears of life" and "the leaves of the spindly trunks will continue to snow down around my walking form." You have a few minor comma errors, but apart from that this piece is masterfull and impressive. I really enjoyed it.
    Thanks,
    Paperbird