Screenshot 2018 09 18 at 8.55.42 pm

LackingASocialLife

No longer social-life-less

My goal is to reach a status of fame where I mention that I had a Write The World account and fans go on a hunt just to find the cringey teenage relics.

Until then, keep making me proud, y'all.
I will miss you.

If you gain nothing from my pieces, at least understand this:

Treat people with some fricken respect you twats.
Unless they steal your food then by all means lead the way

Simple things I learnt from 32 therapy sessions

18
  • If you have to rant to release your emotions, try to make sense of your anger as you talk

• Mindfulness- five minutes alone, listening to music, concentrating on your senses and tapping out from your brain. Google it.

• If you compliment the people surrounding you- if you can find something good about everyone- you'll eventually learn you're a part of everyone, too.

• If you don't understand your emotions, draw it. Even if you can't draw; print out a stencil of a person and draw where the emotion sits- how it feels. Spikes by the ribs, bubbles in your spine...

• Routine helps

• Find a reason to do things, even if it's saying you'll study to make your teacher proud, you'll get up early so you can eat a nice breakfast. Look forward to little things

• As my therapist put it, "stand by the hole but don't help them dig." You can look out for people during their problems, "standing by," but don't inconvenience yourself by trying to solve the issue yourself "helping them dig down." That being said, as you stand by, if they ask for help you can "help them out of the hole." 

• choose subjects that will either be worth the effort or they don't feel like effort at all

• "You don't buy less wrapping paper than you need and then cut away at the present you wrap inside- find clothes to fit the body, not a body to fit the clothes."

• November 8, 2018 - 2:46am (Now Viewing)

• Tziporah Dorfman

I'm so touched that you made this list. I'm sure it helped you internalize the messages that the therapy gave you. And you say that these are simple things, but in reality, sometimes things are so simple that you can't even realize them properly. Like me. I learned that one about mindfulness from a mentor of mine. She taught me that it's all right to feel pain, and that when I get too caught up in the pain of the memories, then I should focus on my senses. You know what? I just got inspiration for a writing piece.

• she's-got-a-story

the wrapping paper one hit me i'm going to cry

• R.j.Elsewhere

This was such a powerful piece and I felt so touched by it. This was beyond amazing to read, please never stop writing.

• AminahMcBina

I really enjoyed reading all of these. They are so true and I think people forget to do the things that will help them most. Well done!
    Always write free, Mina