AminahMcBina

Hey, I'm Aminah, but most people call me Mina.
18 yrs. old|INFJ-T|Female/Girl/She/Her|I think I'm something of a writer|Animal lover||MARVEL FANGIRL FOR LIFE|| Member of WtW since 2018

Always write free,
Mina

Lori: All In My Mind

5
Lori laid on the small cot, reading her journal in front of her.

"My dearest Dylan,
Love is true. Love is here. I have love at my fingertips.
Life was given to those who live. Living was given to those with life."

Lori closed her notebook, tears streaming down her face.
Why did you do this to me, Dylan? She silently asked.

Lori had no one left to talk to. Everyone she had once knew was too afraid to talk to her, because she was insane. She was crazy, absurd, a freak- a freak no one wanted to talk to. Lori no longer had time to meddle with the people around her, so she decided to seclude herself to her mind; where only she and Dylan resided.

Lori, you know I never meant what I said. Dylan sent back, his deep disembodied voice ringing through her mind.
But I loved you! Lori protested.
Your fault. Dylan flatly replied, suggesting he was done talking.

Dylan! Dylan! Talk to me, Dylan! Lori yelled in her mind, but Dylan did not answer.
"Dylan!" Lori cried out in rage, this time not to herself. "Dylan!' She cried over and over again, her voice ringing off the metal walls of her ward.

"Ms. Novek," Dr. Amar said, tapping at her door. Lori looked up, tears streaming down her cheeks, her eyes reddened from crying, "Yes?" She sniffed. "Come with me to my office." Lori hated Dr. Amar's office. Anytime she went there, he tried convincing her Dylan was just a figment of her imagination, but Lori knew Dylan was real, she felt in her veins, her blood, her heart, her soul. "Dylan is real," she said. "Follow me please," Dr. Amar said, annoyed. "Can you leave just for a second?" Lori asked in a faint whisper, her voice dry from yelling.

Lori stood behind her door, looking at her blurry self in the reflective paper that served as a mirror. From the reflection she could tell she looked a mess. Short, greasy blonde hair sticking to her head, her eyes deepened from her lack of sleep, and her cheeks sunken from her lack of nutrition. How did you become so low? Lori thought. Gonna answer that? Dylan asked. Lori blinked, staring back at her was the blurry face of Dylan. "Dylan!" Lori cried out too loudly.
Knock. Knock.

"Ms. Novek," Dr. Amar said, knocking at the door even harder. Lori opened the door, "I saw him, doc, I really did!" She cried happily. Tears streamed from her eyes, but this time they were happy tears. "Would you like me to talk to you in here, instead?" Dr. Amar inquired, gesturing to the small room. "Sure!" Lori beamed.

Dr. Amar sat on the small cot, "Lori, may I read your most recent journal entry?" Lori nodded, her back turned from Dr. Amar. She stood in front of the so-called mirror, her hands placed flat on either side of the paper. "Dylan," she whispered, "Dylan, come back." Dr. Amar turned his attention from Lori to the journal and began to read.

"Just when I thought I could hate no more, you came into my life.

Just when I thought I've overcame my fears,
you showed up.
You whispered in my ears, all the lies I wished to hear.

And now...

I'm stuck battling between truth and falsehood.

Lost in time, nowhere to go.

I should haunt you like you haunt me, hurt you like you hurt me.

But maybe this is all a dream blocking me from reality.

Maybe you never came?

Maybe that's why I'm locked away in a ward

Because I don't know what's real and fake in this world."

Dr. Amar smiled, she's starting to understand, he thought. He looked back at the sobbing Lori. "Lori, come here, hon," he said. Lori sat beside him on the cot. "You wrote this, didn't you?" Dr. Amar asked. "Yes?" Lori replied. He read the words over to her again and again, until finally Lori's eyes opened wide in surprise. "He's not real is he?" She asked. Dr. Amar shook his head. "But why does he feel so real?" Lori pressed on. "Because you are at a stage where you don't know what's real and fake in this world," Dr. Amar replied setting down the journal, "I will speak to you in a moment." Dr. Amar left the room.

So you are fake! Lori cried into her mind-no response, nothing but her own thoughts.

Only Lori is here, she thought. Lori smiled, "Only me."
Ha! I came up with a story to accompany
All In My Mind

If you wanna see more, just leave a comment!

1

• AminahMcBina

Kitty, you can not use my love to persuade me , it's illegal. *crosses arms* But I will MAYBE make a part 2...MAYBE :D

• Kitty Cheshire

Because you love me like a freaking lot you should also do a second part for this one too... pretty pretty please with a cherry on top????? :D

• AminahMcBina

@Quille and nevaredhp
    "All In My Mind" is a poem I wrote, "Lori: All In My Mind" is a story accompanying the poem :)

• _________

Ditto @nevaredhp!
    Definitely reads like a poem!

• nevaredhp

I love this! I was captivated from beginning to end, and I thought the italicized part was especially well done; it almost read like a poem.