Singlewhiteflower

SomeFormOfWriting

I came to this site to put my writing out there and express myself. But now this has become my prison, filled with pressures and censors that stop me from writing free.

And now I'm finally breaking out.

Thank you.
I'm sorry.

Goodbye.

One Last Goodbye

31
This is my last goodbye. Not necessarily to all of you, and certainly not to writing, but to Write the World. (Link to the reason and original announcement here.) I finished all the reviews I promised (so hopefully you will all get those within a week or so) and so now it is time to depart.

These last three months, when I suddenly became very active on Write the World, was incredibly stressful for me in the real world, but all of your comments and likes and follows and reviews always made my reality so much brights. Every single notification made my day. Thank you all for making so many of my days. Thank you so much, for this community has allowed me to truly be my best self: the kind of person I want to be in the real world. You may say that I've somehow inspired you, but know that it doesn't only go one way -- each and every one of you have inspired me too. You have inspired some of my favorite pieces. You have inspired me to try my hand at poetry. You have inspired me to find a way to express my feelings in words in order to convey them to you, who can only know me through a screen, who can never see my face or hear my voice. You have taught me how to be human through those words. But to me, the most important thing you guys have all taught me is what it feels like to have someone appreciate my writing, instead of simply telling me it's "not a viable career path." So thank you all for everything.

Looking through the dashboard in the past 24 hours or saw (since I posted my announcement), I see I seem to have started a movement (whoops...), and I hope you all know that wasn't my intention. If I have somehow inspired you to stand up for what you believe in, that that's amazing, and I'm happy to have inspired anyone at all. But I want you all to know that I don't blame Write the World for my leaving (even if I don't agree with their censorship), the fact of the matter is that I refuse to censor the way I write -- the way I express myself. Because I write for just that: to express myself, and if I'm unable to truly do so, then what's the point of writing? And I hate that that question has someone squirmed its way into my mind. I hate it so much. Because I love writing. I really, truly do. It is not anybody's fault (not even my own, I don't think) that the parts of my soul write are darker than some people's. My writing is my heart and soul. And I won't censor any of that. Those are simply my beliefs. And if they are yours too, and you would like this site to be more tailored to your beliefs, then by all means, stand up for what you believe in, but don't do it for me or because of me. Do it for yourself. Do it for your writing. Do it for your happiness.

Also, if you ever want to send me a piece to look over/review or are curious about the writing I'm working on, shoot me an email at: someformofwriting@gmail.com (I made the email specifically for this, haha).

I believe I will be back in 1 - 2 weeks to remove my writing pieces, as I am waiting on Anha's One Last Time reviews (since I don't want all the work she's put in to them to go to waste). It is likely you will all have forgotten about -- perhaps not "forgotten" but have moved on from -- this writer known as SomeFormOfWriting by then, but I at least like to think that I've impacted a few people's lives, inspired a few, and maybe made some smile here and there; and that's enough for me.

Again, thank you all so much. For these past few months, I've been living partially in the real world and partially in the virtual, and this community made the virtual world so incredibly amazing. But I suppose this is my last goodbye. I will never stop writing. I will never stop trying to inspire others. So I hope none of your stop either. Never stop striving for happiness, because I will always keep chasing the sun, no matter how far it sets below the horizon.

Well then, I guess I'll be off.
Goodbye.
And never stop writing free.

<3 SomeFormOfWriting

• paperbird

girl i miss u so much. i know there's little prospect of your return but i'm awaiting the day i see you in bookstores.

• Riley Noel

HI,
    I would love to read your One Last Time series if you ever look at this page again. My email is rileyasherstalbaum@hotmail.com ( its not my real full last name so its okay if others see it) Thank you so much for your support of my writing, it was always amazing! I hope you know whatever you decide to do in life you will succeed. I can't wait to read your book:)

• spearmint

If there's any chance you still look at this, I would like to read your One Last Time series, and I'm very sorry about what happened with the censors. I hope you have found a place where you are able to write freely.

• ~Kate T

:(

• rosemarywisdom

I don't know if you knew, but a quote from one of your pieces was on WtW's Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo9gisrg8xu/

• _TJNR@cheshire_

Correction @greenman5 you ARE legendary

• Quilling Leaves

Oh, so I just read your title and freaked. I thought you were done writing not with just write the world. But, remember to stay true to your own writing. And Just saying, I never did get to review your Jacob's Latter or one of your One Last Time pieces, and I was really looking forward to it.

• Quilling Leaves

Really?!? SomeFormOfWriting, your writing was brilliant and inspiring. You shouldn't just quite like that. I admire you for your such good writing, I don't want you to leave. You can always take a break from writing to find yourself again, you can't just drop your inspiring writing when it's a way to express yourself. Don't you want to be heard?

• greenman5

you were legendary

• Surly Wombat

Your pieces so often made my day. I love your writing. Miss you, and Write Free. <3

• Ryder

Hey, men't to follow you before but I guess I missed! Miss you, and God bless!

Miss you!!!!!!!!

• Misty Cat

Nooo! You are an amazing writer and I will miss you on here. :( You're pieces were all so vivid and I really loved reading them, especially the One Last Time series.

• annie_cheng

I know I'm late, but as everyone else has said, your writing, your evident passion, and your authenticity really really inspire me. I'm not just saying that as some stranger on the other side of the internet who speaks to you from anonymous username to anonymous username. I'm saying this as another human who has admired the beautifully humane person who is reflected in all of your pieces. Because that is what writing is: it isn't a representation or even an expression of who we are. It IS who we are. Thank you for being vulnerable enough to let us see you for who you are. I hope that you're able to continue to spread your unstoppable spirit elsewhere :)

Best of luck <3,
    annie_cheng

• pencils.and.paper.roses

I wrote this piece earlier. please read. :) This is my last (on WtW) farewell.

• _TJNR@cheshire_

The last goodbye of few
    Please read :)

• _TJNR@cheshire_

WAAAAA I'm actually crying. (Just wanted to let you know that I was going to try to review one last time and now will make that my absolute priority so if you don't mind waiting that would be fantastic.) I wish you the best of luck going forward and will miss you dearly. Defy the odds and don't look back twice because your going to be there soon- _TJNR@cheshire_

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Also, I have absolutely no idea how I failed to follow you. I'm doing it now since I won't get a chance in the future. Goodbye, my friend. And I return your words to you: Write free.

• pencils.and.paper.roses

I can't remember the first time your name popped up in my feed, but your name alone was something that I loved. Your work, even more. The reviews you sent, the contests and prompts that you created, all were amazing. I'm incredibly sad that the censoring has driven you to leave, but I respect your decision totally and completely.

You have inspired so much in all of us, and I congratulate you for that. You will be missed. Never stop writing. Sincerely and sadly, Early Pearl. P.S. I do have your email, so I'll probably send stuff there sometimes. :) You should try starting a writing blog to post your work on.

• green.eyes.gurl

So this is really goodbye. I have to admit, a part of me was really still hoping that this was just a prank. I'll miss you so much. You have been here and welcoming me since the first day I started writing, a little over one month ago, and you have been a huge inspiration. Oh goodness I'm tearing up. I will miss you so much, and will be sure to remember your email so I can contact you in the future. I know this will be better than you having your work taken down and censored, but I'm still sad. I will miss you.
    Love you,
    Catherine <3

• Araw

Aw well, this is goodbye then. It really is sad we're losing such a talent here, but you know, I think this allows for further growth on your part. I loved your work, though. I got excited when I saw your work on the dash. Keep writing, friend. You're too good to stop. Please consider posting your work elsewhere. I would like to keep seeing it.

Even though I know you're not lost to me completely, I will definitely miss seeing you pop up on my dashboard. You've become a central part of this community in these last three months (coincidentally the same amount I've been on this site in total) but, knowing that you won't stop writing assures me a little. Yes, keep following the sun, I've been told it leads somewhere beautiful. The future.

• Johanna

<3

• Xen

I pray to God that you never stop writing the way you do. May your talent never be held back again. Best of luck to the best of talents, and write free.

• Kahasai

We'll miss you. As @Silver Pen said, this is a speech worthy of a retiring general.

May your word well never run dry.

• rosemarywisdom

You are an inspiration to us all xx

No one is lying when we say you'll be missed.

One final hug,
    rosemarywisdom xox

• Made4Love

I am tremendously sad to see you leaving; I really enjoyed your thoughtful writing and creative prompts. If there's absolutely no way anyone or anything can convince you not to leave, then I would like to know this: Will you publish your writing on any other platforms or websites (Wattpad, for example)? Because if so, I would like to know so that I can still be inspired by your writing.
    Thank you for all you have done and have contributed to WtW!
    You will be missed!

• Silver Pen

Also, this is a speech worthy of a retiring general.

• Silver Pen

Yeah, WtW has a right to make the rules. They made the site. And I can write in their rules, I think, but like I said, I respect your decision to leave and I hope that you can use the amazing talent God gave you for the rest of your days. (And I'd still like to use your expression "Write free," if that's OK. I think it summarizes how I want to write.) I'll miss you. Not as bad as others who have been hee longer, but I'll miss you. I love your character template.

• paperbird

Write the World certainly isn't to blame for its censorship policies, but now we're realizing that we can improve what is already a good system. Every place has its flaws. I'm glad you could find your own expression. Goodbye, my friend :)

• AminahMcBina

But*

• AminahMcBina

Thanks for making my night even worse :( we'll miss you here on WtW, Bu I look forward to getting your works via email. Ha! A movement revolution, call it what you will, but it certainly have started.
    You're amazing, and I hope you find a place where your works won't be censored. Try inkitt.com, I posted a story up there, once, it's a pretty good site.
    Hugs and more hugs,
    Mina