AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

First Kiss

9
Sometimes you don't know how much of an impact you make on people. 
   And when Samuel Plett explained it to me (he was quite thorough about it)...

I didn't see it coming.

My school had taken a bus to see the new Egyptian artifact museum two towns away. I'd always been fascinated by ancient mythology, so of course I went along. My best friend, Sarah Matthews, was my seat-mate, and we chatted the entire way. 
   We kept by each others' sides nearly through the entire exhibit. And an exhibit it certainly was, for I had never been awed by anything better in my whole life. So I suppose it was little wonder that my group accidentally went on without me, and I was left gazing at a particularly old slab of stone with hieroglyphs carved across its face. 
   "Hope?" 
The small voice echoed in the large room, and I flinched. I'd completely forgotten that the world existed. I turned around to face the speaker. 
"Yeah?" 
   It was Samuel Plett, looking more worried and uncomfortable than I had ever seen him. He ran his fingers through his light brown hair; his eyes avoided mine. 
   "We need to catch up with the group." Why was he so jittery? 
"Okay. Sorry, I got carried away." I flashed him a smile, hoping to encourage one out of him, but instead, our eyes connected, and his seemed to wilt.
   "Samuel, are you okay?" I took a step toward him. I'd never seen him like this. Maybe he didn't like Egyptian relics. Which didn't explain why he would come to a museum for that very thing. 
"Hope." He whispered my name weakly. 
   I reached my hand out towards him, ready to hold him steady if he swayed. Was he going to faint? He was about six inches taller than I was, and my mom always called me 'skinny as a broom handle'. There was no way I was going to be able to hold him up if he toppled over. 
   I searched his gray eyes, and suddenly, something fierce blazed in them. I glanced towards the door that the school group had walked out through minutes ago. 
   "Maybe we should catch u-" 
Abruptly, Samuel stepped forward and encircled me in his arms. I was so startled, I couldn't speak for a full ten seconds. He held me tightly, as though he didn't want to let go. 
I let out a whispery chuckle. "Uh, Samuel, don't break me, okay?" 
   Then he let go, and I could breathe again. I didn't care what anyone said about how musty museums were, they seemed to have plenty of fresh air to me. 
   Samuel's face was very close to mine. I could feel his warm, ragged breathing. Being this near, I could see the gold flecks in his eyes. His gaze dropped to my mouth, and I knew what he was thinking. Is he going to kiss me? Heat seared my cheeks at the thought. 
   I'd never been particularly attracted to Samuel, even though he was handsome and tall and probably every girl's dream. I'd always been nice to him, and he'd seemed almost indifferent; shy. I'd never thought anything of it. Until now.
   Samuel leaned down; his lips brushed against mine. He was much more tentative with the kiss than when he'd hugged me a minute ago. Even though I wasn't exactly touching him, I knew that he was tensed; ready to spring if I so much gave him a hint that I was upset or scared about this. 
   He leaned in to deepen the kiss, and I complied. It was so sweet and soft, and ended all too quickly. 
He pulled away, and ran his fingers through his hair.
   I watched his eyes dart towards the room's exit.
"We should catch up with the rest of the group." I couldn't speak in anything louder than a whisper. Did Samuel steal my voice? 
   "Yeah." He closed his eyes. 
I hesitated. "Samuel?" 
He looked at me; worry etched in his face again. 
   I smiled a little shakily. "I liked it. Don't apologize." 
After a long moment, he slowly exhaled, and the hint of a grin perked up the corners of his mouth. "Yeah." 
"C'mon. Before an Egyptian mummy comes after us." I tried for more confidence in my voice. 
   "Or Mrs. Truman." Samuel sent me a real smile. 
We laughed together as we went in search of our school group. 

Whenever I saw Samuel after that, our eyes would connect in a sort-of secret glance, and I'd remember my first kiss. 
   And somehow, I couldn't help but hope that he would do it again.

1

• Lopiekins

I don't even know what is happening, I just know that it would be priceless

• Lopiekins

Just because I'm me, I hope he does find out about this. I want to see the look on his face when he makes the connection

• AbigailSauble

HAHA! :D :D

• Victoria Penning

;) Thanks. ;P Yeah, the personality is a lot different. But I can kind of still see him..... A little. XD Let's hope he doesn't find out about this. XD

• Made4Love

So did this actually happen? If so.... super exciting! And sweet!
    :)

• AbigailSauble

You're funny...I think I'll keep you around. :P :D :D And yes, I based the name off of the guy who we know in real life, but the personality is a little different. ;)

• Victoria Penning

.......... Is Samuel who I think he is in real life? O_O Abby........... We might need to have a chat..... ;P

• AbigailSauble

You're so sweet! :D Thanks!

• Ruthh

This is amazing!! The description is so beautiful!! Sounds like a dreamboat wowzers

• AbigailSauble

Thanks for your enthusiasm. ;) I'll think about it! Not a bad idea. :D :D

• AminahMcBina

Ahh!! This was so good! You describe everything so perfectly! You definitely need to make a next part, and make Hope's dream of another kiss, come true!!
    -Mina