Img 3395 %281%29

zodiethegreat

Indonesia

The name's Zodie! I like to write prose and essays sometimes. Do not give me any kind of criticism unless I ask. They/them.
Contact: zodiacriver@yahoo.com
Writing Instagram: planet.retro

I'm not a writer. I'm just someone who happens to wield words with the needles of my thoughts. I like sentences and fancy lyrics; and even if they juggle and become either dust or bread under my hands, I am still no writer.

Unrequited

3
i.                    She had flowers in her hair. They were small and daisy-like, but she wouldn’t tell me their names. One of them was tucked in between her ear, except it was still in its bud form. When I asked her why she didn’t just wear a blooming flower, she told me, in a small, gentle voice, “I want to be her sunshine, so that when she flourishes, I will be part of her, and she will be part of me.”

She became one with the flower, and left me the soft brush of her fingers against mine.

ii.                 Her eyes were the color of nonchalant sea, the calm waves in her irises splashing the shore of my heart and the crabs of her pupils walked sideways to the very core of my soul. When she spoke, the world seemed to spin so quickly that my mind was caught in between the clouds, all because her tone of melody bewitched me.

We met with a goodbye kiss, her lips waving me a bittersweet farewell.

iii.               She was every pretty little things in this universe. I knew her ever since I was still a blob of star floating in the cosmos. She was beautiful, extraordinarily so. The freckles that peppered her shoulders were like the tranquility of the moon, and as I walked with her in the meadow of withered lavender, they diffused into the air and became wind.

Only a speck of her smile was glued in my mind, and the macrocosm continued to blanket me with its curse.  

• November 5, 2018 - 5:41am (Now Viewing)

• Ruthh

This is so beautiful!

• Johanna

This piece is splendid! The feeling I got left with after reading the piece... Love it very much!