Silver Pen

Christian/LOVE Jesus/she/her/big family/scifi/fantasy/Minnesotan/good books/beautiful words/wit/Halo/notebooks and pens/old book smell/coffee/ royalty/honor/love

Just a quick little blurb. Let me know in the comments which one you like best, and maybe I'll write a story to it. Any comments on writing style, word choice, grammar, emotional responses, etc., appreciated!

Seeds of Epics

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

3
    Three empty bottles sitting on a windowsill.  Each with a story.  Each with a message.  Each with a name.  Each with a victim.

"We never knew what happened to Hunter.  He just -- left.  Took a piece of my heart with him, but who's counting?  Anyway, I figured, hey, you wanna find a hunter?  You gotta be one yourself. And my comfort zone was like, nah, and my adventure side looked like a dog that had been invited for a walk, so I say, hey, self, how's about we become a hunter..."
    Hunter listened as the stream of words flowed on.

Vermin.  Dogs.  Jades.  Find.  Kill.  Avenge.

The raider surveys the fertile valley below.  He points with his crop to a small hamlet wreathed with trails of smoke.  His lieutenant nods -- and lets slip the dogs of war.

• Silver Pen

Thanks! This isn't actually a story, but as I look at it, it does seem to form a plot. We might be on to something, @AJ!

• AJ - Izzy

Wow, that is amazing! I love the words in between, they really give it character and expression! :)
    -AJ