Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

If you agree, please leave ONE comment that contains ONLY YOUR NAME. :)

MESSAGING SYSTEM PETITION (PLEASE SIGN!)

39
If you've read the piece we published last week, you'll know that we decided to try to bring about change on WTW by starting a petition.  The piece I mentioned was a poll to see what change you'd like to see in Write the World with three options.  Option 1, a messaging system that writers can use to communicate, won by majority.

Read the request below.  IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS IDEA, PLEASE LEAVE A SINGLE COMMENT DOWN BELOW THAT CONTAINS ONLY YOUR USERNAME AS AN ACT OF "SIGNING."  DO NOT LEAVE ANY COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, IDEAS, OR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION.  We want to make it easy to count how many signatures we have.
If you don't agree with the request below, PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ANYTHING ON THIS PIECE.  If you must, leave a comment on the poll piece mentioned above.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

That out of the way, here is our request:

That Write the World consider adding a communication system to their platform.  Examples of ideas for this system include a section on profiles called Message to Readers, a section on the Dashboard in which writers would enter names of those with whom they wish to communicate, and an option in the comment section that would allow writers to easily respond to one another.  This system would be beneficial to writers.  They could post announcements without having to publish a piece; they could easily collaborate on work.  This platform would not be used as a social outlet, but as a system used strictly for writing purposes.