AminahMcBina

Hey, I'm Aminah, but most people call me Mina.
17 yrs. old|12th grade|INFJ-T|Female/Girl/She/Her|I think I'm something of a writer|Animal lover||MARVEL FANGIRL FOR LIFE

"The lunatic, the lover, and the poet, are of imagination all compact."
-William Shakespeare

Changing Moon: A Werewolf Story (Chapter 2)

4

HERE IS CHAPTER TWO OF “CHANGING MOON: A WEREWOLF STORY”

IF YOU HAVEN’T READ CHAPTER 1, CLICK Here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel

Angel stood in the rest-room, looking at her reflection in the mirror. Kyle Riley, she thought. His yellow eyes, firm jaw, beautiful tannish skin, and straight white teeth; his face couldn’t get out of her mind, not like she wanted it to anyway. Angel opened and closed her hand, remembering the feel of his hand, in hers. She squeezed her hand shut, and closed her eyes, thinking of how perfectly, his strong, sturdy hand fit in hers. “Angel?” Sheela, stalked into the bathroom, in her purple and black punk clothes. Sheela had been Angel’s friend for almost three years now; ever since Sheela became an intern at Angel’s dad’s company of ‘Monster hunting.’ “Oh, hey Shells, what’s up?” Angel replied, hoping Sheela hadn’t realized what she was doing. “Angel, you’ve been standing here, for a minute, let’s get the hell outta here, and get somethin’ to eat…it is lunch time,” she added. For quite a minute? How long had she been standing there? Angel thought. She looped her arm through Sheela’s and left her thoughts behind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shadow

At lunch, Scar, Fang, and I sat at an empty table. Behind ours, Angel sat with a bunch of other people. I sat on the other side of the table, so that I was facing Angel’s table, while Fang and Scar sat across from me, so that their backs were to Angel. We picked up hamburgers and fries, so that we could fit in, but the reality is, we don’t know what’s in our food. We can’t just take human food and eat it; it could be harmful for us. But my stomach was grumbling so loud, I’m sure my clan back home could hear it, so we ate, and enjoyed it, at that.

Angel kept turning and looking at me, and only when she’d find my eyes already on her, she’d smile and turn away. I couldn’t stop looking at her; her short, curly, auburn bangs that fell over her left eye, her small, almond shaped face, and her glossy pink, cupid lips. Once I saw her lean over to her Emo-punk friend and whisper something; then she turned and gazed at me. Her almost vampire-red eyes bore straight into me. When I looked at her, she smiled, a mischievous smile, and then she leaned over to Angel and whispered.

After lunch, students casually sat outside and talked, left campus for break, or went to the study.  We (Fang, Scar, and I) sat at the benches in the shade. Angel’s friend, with shoulder length purple and black hair, thick black lipstick, and black, Egyptian style eye makeup, stalked towards us. She was different from a lot of the other students, with her punk-themed clothing. She wore black ripped jeans, a black one-shoulder top, with a purple skull on it, and a spiked collar-choker. “Kyle right?” she asked, licking her tongue across her extraordinary straight, white teeth. “Yeah,” I replied, Fang and Scar stood protectively behind me. “Angel keeps talking about the yellow in your eyes…she says it’s unique.” “Uh, thanks?” I replied. She stared at me, a good 5 seconds, and then walked away. “What was that about?” I asked, turning to my friends for some sort of support. “Humans, do weird things,” Scar said; “Don’t be fooled by these deceitful humans,” Fang countered. But for some reason, I couldn’t stop thinking about Angel, she wasn’t like the rest, I could tell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The changing Moon comes once every fifteen years; it is the source of the wolf packs power. Zultik, Narsa, and Law; the offspring of the first rebels, are now young rebels themselves, seeking shelter with the enemy, leading human lives, and aiding the humans in their plan to destroy the werewolves. In only 6 months, the moon will be coming for the second time in Shadow's life short life, he aims to protect his clan against their enemies, as he was unable to when he lost his mother
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shadow

Later that day, I kept thinking about that girl, who had approached us at lunch. She had the eyes of a killer, the look of a hunter, and her earrings no doubt, were concealing jewels. I had a gut feeling; she was one of the rebels. “Guys, that girl, did you see her earrings?” I asked. The boys shrugged. “Her earrings were concealing jewels, I know they were!” I said. Concealing jewels; rubies found in the caves of the Hukai Mountains, north of Ukani Springs, they hide our werewolf features, and make us look as human, as possible. It can be disguised as anything you wish. Scar and Fang used theirs as a watch, I used mine as an amulet, tucked away beneath my collar.  If that girl’s earrings are concealing jewels, we have found our first suspect. “You keep an eye on her, we’ll track down the other two,” Fang informed. The hunt had just begun.
Sheela

“What did he say?” Angel squealed. “He said ‘Thank you,’” Sheela replied. “Shells help me out, I need him to notice me!” Angel cried. Sheela didn’t have time to mingle with anyone’s affairs, but she had to, with Angel. Sheela was on a mission to find the spies of the Ukani Springs Clan, and she thinks she just found them, three boys, Michael, Chris, and Kyle, she was sure they were the spies. “Fine,” Sheela finally said, “We’ll talk to them after school.” “Thanks Sheela, you’re the best!” Angel exclaimed as she hugged Sheela. Sheela necessarily didn’t care anything about humans, but she had known Angel for quite a while, and she did care for Angel, if Kyle was who Sheela thought he was, how would Angel deal with the heart break? Didn’t matter, Sheela thought, if Kyle was a spy; she had to do away with him, despite her friend’s feelings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shadow

Days went pass, then weeks, then months, still no sign of the other two traitors, and even the girl, who we found out to be named Sheela, didn’t pose a threat. Nonetheless, Sheela has seemed to be following our every move, which makes her even more conspicuous. Though we have a gut feeling, Sheela is Narsa, we aren’t to act too soon.
Soon it was summer break, and still we haven’t gotten anywhere. Angel and I hung out a lot more, since I had to keep an eye out for Sheela. After a few days, Angel and I became close, real close. I can’t explain it; my heart beats faster, as if I just got done chasing prey, the tips of my ears burn a scarlet red, and I just feel all too exposed around Angel. What’s happening to me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angel

Dear Diary,
Kyle’s been hanging around a lot lately, and gosh I can’t stop thinking about him. He’s different somehow, I can just feel it, but…he’s just so perfect. We only talk, and most the time Sheela’s there. I don’t know what’s up with her, but she seems to go everywhere, Kyle goes. Maybe she likes Kyle too? That’d be awkward, but she never shares anything like that with me…sometimes I wonder, who have I befriended?
Yours Truly, Angel L. Lowe
Chapter two of "Changing Moon: A Werewolf Story" what do you think?

• November 4, 2018 - 1:44am (Now Viewing)

• A person

Excellent. Keep writing!

• AminahMcBina

Sorry Catherine, I was out on an unexpected event, I'll check it out now.

• green.eyes.gurl

I posted the TDA!

• Corner Writing Club

Hi! We're notifying everyone who expressed interest in Option 1 of our poll that Messaging System has indeed won, and we've started the petition! You can contribute by commenting your name to our piece.

• AminahMcBina

Haha, okay Catherine, I'll see if I could post tomorrow.
    Love, Mina

• green.eyes.gurl

MONDAY!?!? BUT MINA I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT KITTY OR ANYONE ELSE, BUT I KNOW I WON'T BE ABLE TO WAIT UNTIL MONDAY!!!!!!!!! THIS IS TOO GOOD!!!!!

• AminahMcBina

Lol, thanks Kitty! Chapter 3 will be up by Monday! :)

• Kitty Cheshire

More, more, more, more, More, MOre, MORe, MORE, MORE!, MORE!!, MORE!!!, MORE!!!!, MORE!!!!! ... and so on will this forever chant til the end of the book and forever after!!!!! Great job, Mina

Yay!!!!!!!! Great job with this :D

• AminahMcBina

Thanks! Chapter 3 will be up soon :)

Great plot forming here... This is so good :D Please keep writing it!