Fd22aa4d 2798 48c8 87d1 e21418fff502

Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join by following our profile and filling out the form under the piece entitled "Rules and Form" (the second piece under our Published Work). This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird; we publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!
We operate on a system of monthly reviewing partners. Members of our club are paired with new users every month to write a review of that person's work for every week of that time period.
Please ONLY follow Corner Writing Club if you would like to join this system.

New Reviewing System + November Reviewing Assignments!

19
Alright, we've finally settled upon a system that we think will be easier for us and maybe you guys. We're going to have reviewing partners! Basically, every month we'll pair everyone in the club up, and every week they'll review one of each other's pieces. So you review one of your partner's pieces each week until the end of the month, when we'll give you a new partner and it'll start all over again. This is easier on us and lets everyone get to know each other better!

So here are the pairings for this month (apologies for the weird way it's formatted, I copied and pasted it from a pairing generator website):
  1. Group 1
    1. Clarianogirl
    2. I Write Occasionally
  2. Group 2
    1. INVISIBL3
    2. *~. Audrey .~*
  3. Group 3
    1. AbigailSauble
    2. ollieollie
  4. Group 4
    1. LyraLynne
    2. Lee Fudge
  5. Group 5
    1. Lauren Nelson
    2. 2A,2H and 1D
  6. Group 6
    1. Paperbird
    2. annie_cheng
  7. Group 7
    1. Kenny
    2. omicron7889
  8. Group 8
    1. Xen
    2. Gabriel Goodwin
  9. Group 9
    1. Made4Love
    2. AudienceOfOne
  10. Group 10
    1. JediKnightGirl
    2. Kaartika
  11. Group 11
    1. Isla-Grace Davies
    2. rosemarywisdom
  12. Group 12
    1. nevaredhp
    2. Michelle20
  13. Group 13
    1. kaydenblue
    2. Katherine McCarthy
  14. Group 14
    1. Nonny21
    2. stormguard798
  15. Group 15
    1. fatpanda
    2. ryxxry
  16. Group 16
    1. Wendell John Ramos
    2. idealideation
  17. Group 17
    1. books and beaches
    2. palindrome
  18. Group 18
    1. zodiethegreat
    2. cctolles
  19. Group 19
    1. SomeFormOfWriting
    2. Kahasai
  20. Group 20
    1. Your Local Flynn
    2. Surly Wombat
  21. Group 21
    1. ancientvoices
    2. shadow+dust
  22. Group 22
    1. Serendipity
    2. LilLove
  23. Group 23
    1. Kahte
    2. ChairsRAwesome
  24. Group 24
    1. lindsay270
    2. stripedfly1001
  25. Group 25
    1. _TJNR@cheshire_
    2. Samanzar
  26. Group 26
    1. Johanna
    2. valentina
  27. Group 27
    1. AminahMcBina
    2. R.j.Elsewhere
  28. Group 28
    1. RavensInkWrites
    2. Riley Noel
  29. Group 29
    1. Catlover
    2. AquaTiger
  30. Group 30
    1. Luna Lemon
    2. Joann
  31. Group 31
    1. UNC ANGEL
    2. i.c.f.l.o.w.e.r.s.
  32. Group 32
    1. Ellie O'Grady
    2. Char-latte Wells
  33. Group 33
    1. AcetheticallyPleasing
    2. iamsofieemerson
  34. Group 34
    1. muppet
    2. ~Kate T
  35. Group 35
    1. lianhabanana!
    2. Big Bella Rex
  36. Group 36
    1. Quille
    2. star_girl
  37. Group 37
    1. hibasaurus
    2. RainAndSonder
  38. Group 38
    1. Catherinely Me
    2. Anha
  39. Group 39
    1. Crescent
    2. Araw
  40. Group 40
    1. mariemare
    2. elisa
  41. Group 41
    1. Evan Putt
    2. Onion3102
  42. Group 42
    1. she's-got-a-story
    2. nezi_nes
When you finish reviewing your partner's piece for the week (remember, the goal is not to get it done as quickly as possible; we give you a whole week for a reason!), please let us know by commenting "I'm done" below. It'll start next week, not this week, as it's already Thursday. Also, the pairing website is complex and may have glitched or something, so if you can't find your username in there, let us know!

• Riley Noel

I m done! Sorry, it's late I just got back from Egypt a few days ago and have been trying to catch up on everything :)

• Made4Love

I'm done!

• Luna Lemon

I'm done

• paperbird

Done

• Onion3102

I'm done for this week!

• Nonny21

I'm done with one(around I don't know a week ago?) and about to do the other three now... I was a bit busy so couldn't do them before

• fatpanda

Done for the month! @CornerWritingClub, thanks! This assignment was fun!

• stripedfly

lol literally just saw this XD So glad my idea worked for you!! Assuming you used my idea, that is. If not, then wow, we think a lot alike!

• Corner Writing Club

@Aminah McBina Feel free to review as much as you want!

• AminahMcBina

It's been a week, so I'm done, I guess. I reviewed a bit more than one piece, is that okay?

Thanks for clarification on that!
    I think once everybody gets things figured out, this should be much easier :D

• _TJNR@cheshire_

Ok perfect I will get on to it ASAP

• Corner Writing Club

To clarify some questions that are showing up a lot:
    1. If your partner has less than four pieces, than you just review the ones they have. If they have multiple pieces but those pieces are just edited versions of each other, you only have to review one of them.
    2. It is absolutely fine if you don't do them week-by-week! You can do them all at once, or all over Thanksgiving break, whatever works best for you!
    @JediKnightGirl OK, no problem! Just wondering--- does that mean you won't be able to do the assignments for this month, or is it starting next month, or...?

• Corner Writing Club

So basically, _TJNR@cheshire, you review CatherinelyMe's pieces, CatherinelyMe reviews Anha's pieces, and Samanzar reviews your pieces. Does that make sense?

• RainAndSonder

@_TJNR@cheshire_ Hmm, that's tricky. Anha said she was unable to do hers, so how about we pair you up with her partner, CatherinelyMe, instead?

• nevaredhp

I reviewed both of Michelle20's pieces, although one was an edit of the other so it was rather redundant. I guess that makes me done for the month

• _TJNR@cheshire_

Sorry, just checking in, um I still am yet to find a solution in regards to my previous message. I understand your busy but this week has practically ended and I am still unsure of what to do. Would be amazing if you could get back to me. Thanks

Done for this week!
    BTW, my partner has no more published pieces to review.....

• Surly Wombat

Done with this weeks!

• JediKnightGirl

Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know that I don't think I'll be able to participate in reviewing assignments anymore. I'm so busy with school and family life that I think for now it's best if you just don't include me in these assignments. But I'll still be reading your pieces and I think this format will work a lot better than the old one. If I ever think I'll have time to do reviews again I'll let you know. :)

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Hey! I think I meant to "join" this club a while back, but I forgot. Haha oops! If I could be included in assignments and such in the future I would be glad. :) Thanks!

• Corner Writing Club

@SomeFormOfWriting Great, I'll take you off the assignments. We'll miss you!
    @KatherineMcCarthy Yes, you can do them all at once if you want.

• Old Sport

I'll try to get to these this weekend!

• omicron7889

Done!

• ~Kate T

I haven't been active for a little bit now (too much schoolwork)- just wanted to let everyone know that I will be active again starting after my school field trip (a week).

• Aihpos

I'm just wondering: Do I need to do it every week? Couldn't I just do, like, seven of them if I won't really be online? I'm going on a trip this month for two weeks, and I still want to do the reviews.

• SomeFormOfWriting

Hey, so, as you know (I think), I’m leaving WtW (I’ll probably be off completely within a few days), so I have unfollowed and am letting me know so you don’t put me in future reviewing assignments. I already finished all of this month’s for Kahasai, so you don’t have to worry about that. Thank you so much for being such a great pillar of this community. <3

• mariemare

done :)

• SomeFormOfWriting

Whew! Done!

• paperbird

@nevaredhp Yes, if your partner only has two pieces, review the two of them and then wait for them to publish more. If they don't, you're off easy, I guess.

• nevaredhp

so if our partner only has 2 pieces should we just review only that one?

• Corner Writing Club

@ChairsRAwesome It's fine; we'll exclude you from reviewing assignments in the future.

• ChairsRAwesome

I'm really sorry I didn't know that following means i have to review things, I thought you had cool tips on commenting on pieces. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, I unfollowed now

• green.eyes.gurl

For this first week, I've got it covered, but I have some upcoming projects in the coming weeks that I'm not sure about... I'll let you know! I might end up doing the same thing as @annie_cheng, doing them during Thanksgiving Break, if that's okay?

• annie_cheng

Hey! I'm probably going to do all four reviews during Thanksgiving Break but I'm really busy right now. Just FYI :)

• _TJNR@cheshire_

Oh I just realised I have a small problem, Samanzar, the person I was assigned to hasn't published any work yet, what should I do?

• _TJNR@cheshire_

This is a fantastic solution and I think this will work really well! (Haha I just noticed that my two good friends who go to school to together got paired up! What a coincidence) Anyway I'm super excited I will get to it as soon as I can.

• Serendipity

heyo, I'm really sorry, but I don't think I can do the reviews this month since I've got heaps of exam prep and assignment work to do for school.

• paperbird

Up to you. Or your partner if you guys want to work it out on your own time.

• LyraLynne

Do we choose the pieces to be reviewed, do you guys, or does our partner?

• AminahMcBina

This was a brilliant idea! :)

• RainAndSonder

@kaydenblue Sure! That applies to everyone else, too. If you’d rather do all four in one week or something like that, feel free to.

I think this'll be a lot easier! Good job you guys :)

• kaydenblue

Is it alright if I do 4 reviews all at once near the end of the month? Because I'm in the midst of my my final exams at the moment, I'm not free to do reviews to the depth that I would like to. I'll definitely be able to get around to doing the reviews this month, but I need to finish my exams first.

I've got a lot of assessments this month, so I don't think I can do these reviews.

• paperbird

For clarity, make sure that you give your partner FOUR REVIEWS total. We'll be writing reminders for each week that you are required to write one.
    If for any reason you can't take part in this activity (lots of studying or vacation, for example), let us know. We can take you off this list.