ancientvoices

I’m currently 13 and I love to read, write, imagine, draw, and do something challenging. I love hanging out with my friends too. I have pet rabbits and they are amazing pets(you should get one). I’m a cat person. I hope y’all like my writing!

Well I’m new at WtW so I’d love to hear any feedback about my works. Please give me ideas on what to write or what to try. I haven’t done a ton with any genre except general fiction and fantasy.

Cobalt

0
The dragon swooped overhead, a great wish of wind followed in its wake. The great azure creature looked back and cocked her head, giving me a mischievous grin. The dragon’s wings flapped Twice to keep it up in the air and she turned her majestic head away from me and focused on what was ahead of her. 
The dragon swerved around a tree and angled upward. She let herself fall backward in midair, her back facing the ground for a split second. The dragon deftly twisted around and landed gracefully on her feet in front of me. 
I smiled and reached out to touch her. The dragon glared at my hand and snorted threateningly. I pulled my hand back and gazed into the blue dragon’s emerald eyes that glistened with a fire that burned constantly. I dipped ,y head and turned to leave, for it was time to go anyways. 
But to my surprise, the dragon behind me nipped the back of my shirt. I yelped in surprise and reflexively tried to escape. The dragon held firm, her grip loyal to her appearance. She lifted her elegant neck up and swung it over to a tree branch. The limb was high up, to high for me to climb down. The dragon plopped me down and rested her head on the branch across form me, staring into my eyes. 
I panted, my heart racing at what had just happened. I stared at the dragon’s head. She kept perfectly still as I admired her green scales trailing form under her eyes and down her neck, decreasing in size as they marched. 
I unfurled my hand that was balled in a fist and slowly reached out. The animal’s eyes immediately tracked my finger’s movements. As I got closer to her face, she sflinched slightly but didn’t bite me. I continued to stretch out my hand. 
After what felt like hours, my hand made contact with the midnight scales on her nose. She stared right at me but didn’t move, her eyes piercing mine, daring me to try something. I slowly stroked her nose with my hand and cooed softly to her. She relaxed finally and I decided to call her mine. That meant a name. 
I found one almost instantly. Cobalt. It fit her perfectly. My dragon’s name is Cobalt.
I hope this wasn’t too long but I’m thinking of making this a prologue for a book. Comment if you think it should be! Thanks ^_^