Image 4697 quokka

camlily

we were all put on this Earth for a reason-

make it count.

~ · ~

Sometimes inspiration can come from the darkest places. Grab life by its worn reins and give it a whirl ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you appear in my notifications, I'll be in yours.
If y'all want me to check out a piece or peer review it, let me know in the comments of one of my pieces and I'll do my best to get it done :)
I follow everyone no matter what. I always give likes back, follow back, and I try to peer review back!

Don't forget to leave a

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╱┏╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╱┃┃╱╱╱┳╱┓┳╭┫┳┓
▉━╯┗━╮╱┃╱┃┣┻╮┣╱
▉┈┈┈┈┃╱┻┛┛┻╱┻┻┛
▉╮┈┈┈┃╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╰━━━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱

- courtesy of SamG95

(also, feel free to add me on sc; cam_lily119)

Manhattan

PROMPT: Water Drop

7
plip. plop.
The water spilled out from the fountain. It fell in an arc, splattering into the man's mouth and satisfying his dehydration.  He turned the fountain off and returned to the streets of Manhattan, unaware of the excess water that spilled out of the basin.
A single droplet silently hit the soft ground.  Instead of absorbing into the soil below it, the droplet bounced off blades of grass and made its way into the street.  It rolled down the sidewalk, avoiding the group of bicycling girls and the purposeful footsteps of men in fancy suits and shiny shoes.  It skidded past crying babies in strollers, people clothed in dirty rags, and smoke stacks that clouded its water.  It saw millions of cars, bright buildings, and tiny dogs in purses.  
"Where am I?" the droplet wondered.  It was a place of movement, urgency, and people rushing everywhere.  The droplet, in a rush to get away from the pounding footsteps of the gigantic humans, slipped down the closest storm drain and reunited with his kin.  

This is my take on the prompt, I know it's not very good but lately I've been starting to lose inspiration again :'((

• Riley Noel

I think this is truly an adorable piece. It sounds like something I would read in a children's book, simple yet beautifully written. I loved the water droplets exploration of the city and how you showed us a familiar world from a different perspective!

• Poppy.M

This is wonderful I love it! It captures a moment so beautifully, but playfully at the same time. The idea of the raindrop, confused and alone, finding its family is such a special ending. This piece just made me smile! :)

• camlily

@Luna Lemon thank you so much, I cannot even tell you how much I appreciate your feedback <3

• Luna Lemon

This was so well done! I love the personification of the water droplet and the slow buildup as you go through its travels. I like how you showed all the urgent/somewhat chaotic life the raindrop discovered in beautifully phrased lines such as, ", avoiding the group of bicycling girls and the purposeful footsteps of men in fancy suits and shiny shoes". And the ending was amazing as you showed the raindrop going back to its "kin" to get away from the rush of human life.
    I loved this! It was so well done and PERFECTLY fit the prompt. Great job, as always with you, and keep writing:)

• camlily

thank you!! :D

• loveletterstosappho

i love this!