Fd22aa4d 2798 48c8 87d1 e21418fff502

Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Please comment your favorite option down below! We'd love to get your input.

A Poll on What WTW Feature You'd Like to See (PLEASE READ) (WE'RE GOING TO START A PETITION)

17
Like everything, WTW has its faults and things that could be approved upon.  A couple of months ago, WTW itself published a prompt asking writers what new features they'd like to see.  While this was definitely a call to action, RainAndSonder and I felt the need to have a greater force for improvement.  We would like to propose a petition to WTW, which will be a piece published later under this account.  Everyone who agrees with the idea will comment their name to the piece, and we will later send WTW a message with a link to the piece.  Of course, there's no guarantee it will work, but it's always good to try.
    There are lots of ideas floating around for what WTW could do better.  We looked at the most popular suggestions.  We now give you a chance to vote on what you'd like the petition to be.  Please comment your favorite of these three options.  The option with the most votes will be turned into a petition.  (meaning if one person votes, their favorite option wins)

1. A direct messaging system, in which writers and readers would be able to talk and socialize more about writing.
2. More badges that would be more difficult and take more experience to achieve, beyond the basic twenty that we are given
3. A "trending" section of the website that would show the most liked pieces of that day; this would ensure that pieces don't disappear as soon as they got take off the dashboard

PLEASE LEAVE ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!  Thank you for your support in this.`

• The Dreamer

Yes! I think it's a great idea. We would be able to chat and socialize much more with our fellow writers. I really hope this happens!

• Nonny21

How about making discussion forums instead of direct messaging (or along with?). This could help users to swap ideas and perhaps make it easier for clubs like this too..

• stormguard798

Direct messaging system for SURE: it's really helpful to give one-off specific comments that you don't want to be made public.

• Isla-Grace Davies

1!

• Lee Fudge

One. I need to connect.

• Made4Love

If I had to pick one, 1 is my first choice. 3 is an awesome idea as well. All great ideas!

• Old Sport

Aaand 3

• Old Sport

1!

• Ruthh

1 for sure!!

• Surly Wombat

I will sign for any/all!

I also like the idea of #3, but on the dashboard, there's a spot where you can see either published writing, seeking reviews, or following. By checking different ones of these, you can see way more pieces :)

I'm in favor of #2.
    I think that instead of a messaging system, there should be a spot on profile pages (maybe below the 'message to readers') where you can leave a 'message for the writer'.
    A messaging system would take away from the writing/reviewing aspect of this site and make it more like other social media networks. I would personally like it to stay a little less personal so that we can continue to focus on writing.

All this basically stated, if you want to hang out and chit-chat, go to Facebook :)

• Kenny

1 and 3, please.

• Araw

1 for sure. I like the other two, but 1 is the one I'm most keen on.

• mossmachinery

1 and 3 for sure! A messaging system would be extremely useful, and a trending section would give all kinds of writers excellent exposure, but if it comes down to one choice though, I pick number 1!

• mossmachinery

• ChairsRAwesome

1. That would be awesome.

• nevaredhp

#1 for sure!!!!! Although I'll sign the petition for any of those since they're all great ideas

• she's-got-a-story

also 3

• she's-got-a-story

1

• AminahMcBina

Definitely number 1! Numbers 2 and 3 are also good ideas, but we need a msg-ing system!

• green.eyes.gurl

Number one and number three. If I had to choose, number one, mainly because I don't have a personal email to talk to any of you with and really get to know you personally, and I would LOVE that!

• Ellie!

These are great!! I'm voting for all three

• Corner Writing Club

Thank you for all of the input! It looks like 1 (messaging system) is winning so far. We're going to publish this piece again to get more feedback, and then we'll start the petition.
    @nezi_nes, I forgot about tagging when I wrote this piece. Maybe we could do this again with new options in a month or two? I definitely think tagging is a good idea too.

• AcetheticallyPleasing

#1 is an absolute must! 3 is a great idea too, but 2 and 3 can come in time. I'm sure everyone would appreciate a messaging system ^^

• valentina

I'd say 1 and 3 would be amazing.

• Gabriel Goodwin

Definitely 1!!! 2 & 3 can come later, but a messaging system is a must in my opinion~

• Serendipity

Good on you guys for taking action! :D Definitely 1, but 2 and 3 also sound like excellent ideas to help expand the website so yes to those too.

Yes to all three. Perhaps group chats for collaborating writers as well?

• LyraLynne

1 for sure, but 3 would be amazing too! I also love the tagging thing. If need be, you can make a statement of our ideas, without really a petition, just suggesting some things, see what they say, and then if need be, make a petition. I dealt with something sort of like this in my marching band but instead of making a petition, I decided to talk to my directors about it and it was WAY easier.

• hibasaurus

1 and 3

• omicron7889

1 is the one I'd pick, though I like the idea of 3 as well. I also agree with nezi_nes's suggestion of adding the option of a tagging system in fact, there are quite a lot of opinions on this one if you check out the comments on a speech she wrote about this, titled 'WTW's decision on unpublishing pieces on violence and suicide should be revisited.'

• nezi_nes

Also is it possible for you guys to add a petition option to these 3? A lot of people on WTW would also like a tagging system to be implemented on posts (that way sensitive pieces won't be taken down).

• A person

1 most definitely. It would be so helpful to reply to comments.

• nezi_nes

1 is my favourite. I also like 3.

• Grazella

I like 2 and 3

• Johanna

1 & 3!

• Josh Zdych

I feel like both 1 and 3 would be great improvements.

• books and beaches

1 and 3, but if i had to choose I’d go with 1. A messaging system would be amazing.

• kaydenblue

They're all good ideas, but my favourite is definitely number 1.

• Evan Putt

I think 1 is a good idea!

• janice

I can't choose, they're all good :) I think I'd go with two, though

• janice

• rosemarywisdom

Trending section.

• SomeFormOfWriting

I like 1 and 3 specifically.

• Mangolover

I kinda like the idea of all three......