paperbird

Tell me what you think, and what house you're in :)

Originally written October 25. I'm deciding to republish it because I cannot emphasize my points enough. If you scroll through my published work you'll find like 4 different pieces that say the same thing. So whenever I want to emphasize the point I'll just republish this one.

Common Interpretations of the Hogwarts Houses are ANNOYING

10
Believe me, I love Harry Potter with my entire existence; I would practically sacrifice myself for those books.  However, one thing that's always annoyed me are those stupid Hogwarts Houses!  They never seem to make any sense to me.  JK Rowling suggests that Slytherins are the villains, Hufflepuffs are the boring people, Ravenclaws are the amazingly smart nerd bookworm people, and Gryffindors are literally every protagonist to ever exist ever except maybe Tonks and Newt Scamander.  There's something seriously screwed up about that system, if you ask me.
I want you to read MY answers to the Hogwarts Houses.  Like, I really want to spread the word on this; don't just skim this over and give it a like 'cause why not.  READ.  Tell me your opinions in the comments.  Also tell me what House you'd fit into, using this logic.

So this is what I think the Houses should actually be like.  Hear me out.

GRYFFINDOR:
The extroverted people who will always put themselves out there.  Generally good at friends and very reckless.  Comedians.  They like to win over the crowd.  Basically all the popular kids in school.
Based on instinct.

RAVENCLAW:
The introverted people who will always retract into their own head.  Generally antisocial.  They're creative and curious.  Not necessarily smart.  But they daydream a lot.  Kind of opposite of Gryffindor. 
Based on mind.

SLYTHERIN:
Resourceful and clever.  Either extroverted or introverted.  Smartness isn't a personality trait, but cleverness definitely is, and Slytherin possess it.  These people are incredibly ambitious and sure of themselves.  They're talented and resourceful in everyday life. 
Based on ambition.

HUFFLEPUFF:
Believe in kindness and friends.  Either extroverted or introverted.  Believe in morals the same way Gryffindor believe in fun.  They don't often burn out of social energy, but they're not necessarily extroverted in the same way as Gryffindor.
Based on others.
I recently went on hiatus but today is my one-year anniversary of being on WTW so I had to publish something.  Thank you guys so much for paying attention to my work.  To celebrate I figured I'd rant about Harry Potter because why not.

• paperbird

@OhBaloney Yes ikr! I'm a Ravenclaw (very introverted actually) but I could also be a Ravenpuff. I recently went on a Harry Potter Movie Marathon with my sister; we got up at six and the morning and watched every single HP movie back-to-back (we finished at midnight). I have this whole fresh outlook on Harry Potter now. I'm going to publish a couple of rants about character arc, etc. when I've got my thoughts together.

• ProcrastinatingWriter

Love this so much! I think that I'm a Ravenpuff, I used to be a Gryffinclaw though. I think I have to change my bio. Like you, I love Harry Potter to death. The books and movies are so awesome, I just can't explain with words! Again, LOVE THIS SO MUCH!

I think I'm literally a Slytherindor/Huffleclaw :D Yeah, I would fit in any of those... Hufflepuff the least though :)

• paperbird

@Surly Wombat Really? I consider Slytherin and Ravenclaw to have very different values--like you said, Slytherin are driven by ambition and use their cunning as a vehicle; whereas Ravenclaw are far less clever and much more concealed and introverted.

• Surly Wombat

Lol I lost my account a few times and each time it was different so I guess I’m divergent. I never got gryffindor which is fitting. Anyways yeah I agree with this. I think of ravenclaw and slytherin as having similar values, but the ravenclaws are driven by creativity and the slytherins by ambition.

ever since i got sorted into slytherin, i never looked at ravenclaw the same way again. don't completely agree with this, but we'll wait until i have a pottermore account with all four houses before i fight the hp fanatic on this lol

• Christy Wisdom

Haha, I'm a Huffleclaw too! I like that term :)

• annie_cheng

Ravenclaw for life! I love how you redefined all of the houses because I always found them a little restrictive and typecast-y too.

• Misfit

I'm a ravenclaw. And yes queen yes

• books and beaches

Such a cool fresh outlook!

• Johanna

AWESOME
    I'm still a huffleclaw according to this though :P

• Aussie23

I believe in on Ravenclaw according to this!!! It makes a lot of sense!!! But it's difficult to tell for anyone really everyone is different. Seriously wish I had the Sorting Hat right now!

• hibasaurus

Accurate!