Peer Review by Suri Purefoy (United States)

December

By: David M.

There's something magical about the first day of December, especially if it's snowing. Snow in November feels like cheating; it's not really winter yet. But December is winter, and the air isn't just crisp, it's cold, and the snowflakes tangle in your eyelashes as they tumble leisurely down all around you. There's something cheerful, even celebratory, about a snowfall on the first day of December. And somehow, that made watching the friendly snowflakes pile up around the soon-to-be fully grave even more heartbreaking.

Any feedback is great! Did you like it? Hate it? Did the story work?

also: in your opinion, should it be "cheerful, even celebratory, about" or "cheerful, even celebratory about"?

Snowflakes. How they swirl around you in the bitter cold, but you still smile.

The way you explained those feelings really spoke to me and made me think of my memories of snow, and what they mean to me.

Mmmm. I could smell the hot cocoa and feel the soft flakes of snow slush down on me. I could almost see the Christmas decorations and hear the music in my ears.
The emotion put into this piece really touched me and made me feel joyous, thinking back on how snow made so many dreadful days happy.
Amazing work! Keep writing!