Silver Pen

Christian/LOVE Jesus/she/her/big family/scifi/fantasy/Minnesotan/good books/beautiful words/wit/Halo/notebooks and pens/old book smell/coffee/ royalty/honor/love

Did I get a little snippety? Sorry! It's just so difficult to explain such a complex concept that is so integral to my very being!

Why Do I Write?

PROMPT: Why I Write

0
    Why do I write?  Who asked this quetion?  Why does anyone write?  Why did Leonardo da Vinci paint the Mona Lisa?  Why did Michelangelo sculpt the Pieta?  Why do toddlers scribble on any paper they can get their hands on with whatever happens to be lying on the floor?  You might as well ask a bird why it builds a nest!  Why deny a part of my being, the creativity that comes from bearing God's image?  
    I write to create worlds.  I write to defend the weak, strengthen the strong, administer justice to the wrongdoers, pardon the repentant, love the unloved, and praise my God.  I write to make my audience smile, laugh, frown, shake their heads, cry, love my characters, never expect what comes next, and hopefully learn something good along the way.  I write to explore tough topics, help myself answer moral dilemmas, and share my answers to problems. I write to prevent myself from going absolutely bat crazy, to experience the thrill of creation, and to solace myself after a long day.
    So, let me give you the short version of my answer: why not? 

• November 17, 2018 - 7:21am (Now Viewing)