Johanna

❝I am from the barren concrete.❞

More's coming! Tell me what you think! Enjoy!

Heart of Gold

8
I stroll through the woods, the sun light peeking out from behind the curtain of leaves. My feet sink into the cushion of moss, and I wiggle my toes, smiling.

Birds sing, and occasionally I hear the flutter of wings. I twirl, perishing every moment, trying to forget the dread that rests at the back of my head. The air is smells like grass after a storm. The sun rests in the sky, gently dancing with the clouds and smiling down warmly. Each step tickles my bare feet, grazing and kissing away at the soft skin on my soles and toes.

The little trickle of a clear stream comes into view. Dipping my toes in the icy cold water, I giggle, thinking about the multiple times I've come across this stream when I was young. And up the hill I go, towards the figure standing at the top.

I squint my eyes, looking at the dark figure, his robes flowing in the wind.

"Are you ready?"

• Johanna

Hi! Here is the updated version:

• The Bubbling Pen

Awesome work <3 I love it & look forward to your next excerpt =)

• Aarushikrishnan

This left me asking for more, more, more.
    Wonderfully written, you did a very good job!

• books and beaches

Thank you so much for participating in my contest! It means so much and this is such a good piece! I submitted my review and keep on writing!

• LackingASocialLife

Loving this! Can't wait for more.
    Btw, I've written Oscar Nominees but my WTW is tripping so hopefully i can comment it without error soon

I'm intrigued by this excerpt. Please continue!