books and beaches

"Words in my humble opinion, are the most inexhaustible source of magic we have."
~Albus Dumbledore

“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.”
― Louis L'Amour

I am 7th grade girl who loves to write! I have a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy who’s really sweet, family and friends that I love. I’m a feminist and support LGBTQ+ rights. I am OBSESSED with The Office. I love Write the World and am so happy to be a part of the young writers community! Keep on writing!

WRITING COMPETITION!! PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT!! ENTER FOR A FOLLOW

9

Hi guys! I know many of you will just scroll past this, but if you happen to read it, I’m having a  writing competition! Anyone who enters will receive a follow as a thank you! Any genre is great, any  length, but NO POEMS PLEASE!! Also, please name it #booksandbeacheswritingcontest so I can find it! Thanks a million!

FIRST PLACE
Likes and reviews on all future pieces of the winner!
SECOND PLACE
Likes and reviews on some future pieces of the runner up!

Thank you so much anyone who enters, it means so much to me! Keep on writing! Due date TBD but I’m thinking mid-November. Let me know in the comments! Totally happy to answer any questions, and all the support is amazing! Thank you everyone and keep on writing! 

• books and beaches

Oh my gosh thank you so much! I wanted to let me people know about it, but there are so many versions of it now! Thanks for the tip!

• paperbird

Cool!
    Also, just so you know, you can publish the same piece multiple times without adding to your Published Pieces and maintaining all likes/comments by going to "manage versions," clicking on "unpublish piece," and then "publish for peer review." That way people can see it multiple times but there aren't like a hundred different versions.

• books and beaches

Well, for first place, I’m thinking I will review as many as possible, but I will like ALL future pieces.
    For second place, I thinking reviews and likes for one or two months. Thanks so much for the support and questions!

• paperbird

I'm definitely going to enter, thanks for making this, but just a question: are you going to read/like every single piece the first placer has written until they're inactive, or by "all" do you not mean literally? Also, do you have an estimate for how much "some" is for second place? Like, what ballpark? Ten? Fifteen? Five?

• books and beaches

Thank you Araw and xen iseka! All pieces will be judges, no matter what genre. I will basically judge the overall writing. Not really any specifics.

• mossmachinery

This seems pretty cool, but I wonder how you'll judge the pieces if it's any genre? How will you gauge it? I might enter but I'm not certain yet. Good luck with your contest!!

• Araw

Haven't entered many competitions, but this should be a good starting point for me. I'll try this out.

• books and beaches

Thank you JediKnightGirl! Your support means so much!

• JediKnightGirl

I'll definitely consider doing this one!

• books and beaches

JadeandSerpentine, not a problem, the deadline is TBD, I’m thinking maybe Thanksgiving? So there’s plenty of time to work on it! Thanks for the support!

• books and beaches

SomeFormOfWriting that’s perfect, don’t worry about!

• JadeAndSerpentine

Cool idea! The prizes would certainly be very valuable and sought-after. I'm very busy right now, but I really want to enter.

• SomeFormOfWriting

I'm just submitting the Prologue of my current novel, I hope that's okay (if not, let me know and I'll come up with something else <3):

• books and beaches

Thank you! I’m really excited for my first contest, and the support is amazing!

• hibasaurus

Oooh interesting!