PureHeart

~ i grew a flower that can't be bloomed, in a dream that can't come true ~

| joined August 16, 2018 |

This is the second part of my series 'The City That Never Sleeps.' The first part is Lady Liberty, published before this. That was a creative description on Freedom. Now I go more in depth with a more sad subject, 9/11 Memorial. Hope you enjoy, please tell me your comments.

9/11 Memorial

2
My hands touch one of the many plaques that surrounded the flow of water.

Some names were engraved, some silver. I run my fingers to them all, and felt the sadness their loved ones did. Roses, fresh roses, placed gently, carefully, through their darling's names. It brought a certain brightness to the black marble background it stood on, but it brought no hope.

A tender, soft cascade of water; around the memorial it went. And down it goes, joining the other souls of water at the bottom, and be at one with each other. The whole in the middle of it all; it'll never be enough. A never ending waterfall, with every molecule perishing nd then starting anew. If onky that were reality.

Tears spilled over mourning faces. They dripped down mine too. Placing my hand delicately on a particular name, I stared up at the sky, just above the waterfall. 

And I dreamt of something that could've been here now. That dream went up in smoke.

• October 22, 2018 - 7:14am (Now Viewing)

• mia_:)

This is such a beautiful tribute!