books and beaches

"Words in my humble opinion, are the most inexhaustible source of magic we have."
~Albus Dumbledore

“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.”
― Louis L'Amour

I am 7th grade girl who loves to write! I have a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy who’s really sweet, family and friends that I love. I’m a feminist and support LGBTQ+ rights. I am OBSESSED with The Office. I love Write the World and am so happy to be a part of the young writers community! Keep on writing!

Monks: Chapter 1

0
Paro Taktsang, Bhutan, 700 meters above ground
Abhaya placed the steaming bowl of rice in front of me and chopsticks clinked against the ancient porcelain bowls. Being a monk at 14 as well as the youngest in the monastery wasn’t always easy. I had to clean all of bowls after the two meals everyday, sweep the floors and look after the goats in the small pasture close to the monastery. The rest of my time was spent meditating. It was a quiet life, and some of the monks had taken an oath of silence. The others were men of few words.
When I came back from milking the goats, most of the monks where meditating, so I walked on cat’s feet through the monastery to join the others. The emerald gems on the walls made me nostalgic. I remembered running and playing with friends in the village, before everything was destroyed. In the reflection of the shiny walls I saw my glassy eyes. They looked like windows in the rain. I played with the fabric of my maroon saffron while the hums of the others comforted me. I was still getting used to monk life. It was hard, but I was adjusting. There was no movement at all in the spacious room full of men in robes. But all of a sudden, one stood up.
“Fire. Over there.”

TO BE CONTINUED...