Img 0139

Ellenrbnsn

"Writing is a passion I have never understood, yet a storyteller is all I've ever wanted to be."
-Ruth Parks

My name is Ellen, and I’m just a high school junior, trying to survive “the best years of my life.” I take on too much for my own good, but I’m dedicated to managing all of it, especially in my clubs. In my “free time,” I like to wander infrequently traveled paths (like good ol’ Robert Frost), and, of course, write. I also enjoy the occasional novel and strumming the strings of my guitar. In the future, I plan to attend a local college for degrees in Secondary Education with a specialization in English and Creative Writing. I hope to teach high school English and write novels (yes, at the same time) upon graduation from college.

A Memory

PROMPT: Setting as Mood

0
    If you had asked me how I felt that day, I would have whispered, "hopelessly in love," but you never asked. Snow cascaded from sapphire skies, coating the naked, umber branches stretching from trunk to frosty clouds and settling into a pearly blanket over the fields. Snow angles disturbed the still snow, and laughter pierced the silent air. Snowballs flew back and forth from snow fort to snow fort. Now, I just catch snowflakes in my glove, letting my body heat melt them; everyone calls warmth a panacea, but we'd always prefered the cold because warmth destroyed us.  

• January 17, 2016 - 9:33am (Now Viewing)