12245394

Church Camp

Mrs. Cangialosi
English 10 E
1 October 2018

Have you ever been to a camp where they have tied your shoes up in a tree 20 feet in the air? I have, and it changed my life. When my parents told my brother and I, that we were going to go to a sleepaway church camp for a week, I wasn’t excited at all. A couple of months went by and the day finally arrived. I woke up, eat breakfast, put my suitcase in the back of the car, and drove about 2.5 hours to a town called Waymart in Pennsylvania. I got to the camp, unloaded my suitcase, and said goodbye to my parents. I met up with my friend that recommended me to this camp and talked to him about many things that happened in the past year. My brother and I were then directed to a room with two beds and two closets. We went to sleep and woke up the next morning. I then the news that in the little boy’s wing someone put marinara sauce and cheese on someone’s head in the middle of the night. That’s when I knew, this was not your average church camp.
That was just the beginning of the many pranks to come. During that day we went to church, ate lunch, played basketball and swam in the pool. Many people were fooling around and doing stupid things like making the counselors mad for no reason. People were just having fun and doing whatever they wanted to do. This made me happy and showed me not to care about the little things that don’t matter and to have fun while you can. That night we went to play manhunt at 10 pm. We stayed within a pretty big boundary, and I hid in the forest. Other people hid on top of the roof of the place we were sleeping in, and other people hid in tall grass. No one found me in the forest. This should me how loose and how people didn’t care about anything and only wanted to be in a good hiding spot. We ended the game and went back inside to the commons area. During the night some people got glitter in their hair, and someone even got toothpaste in there nose and ears. This camp was beyond crazy, it was insane(keep in mind this is a church camp).
More days went by and more people got pranked. There was a remake of the Olympics where people got to compete against each other and there was also a dance during the week. As well as a huge slip and slide down a huge hill. All of these events were extremely fun, which is why I loved this camp so much. Going into this camp I didn’t have so many intentions about it. I thought it was just going to be a church camp about talking about God and the Bible. I didn’t know that people would have glitter and have their heads be made into lasagna. Little that I knew this was the best camp ever.

• October 17, 2018 - 8:09am (Now Viewing)