Up on poppy hill

Catlover

Yo, I am 16 years old if you are wondering! You can call me Imani if you want. I love to study languages, Anime, Star Wars, Jesus Christ, Indila (the French singer), Eragon series, Musicals, Stranger things, Netflix, Marvel, and FOOD!

So tired...

WtW: Book Club

28
Hello, everyone. As you might know, I recently had the idea of starting a book club.  (I am republishing this to get the word out).
I have gotten a lot of positive feedback and decided to do it. Since we are basically halfway through the month of October, I think it would be best to start the club at the beginning of November. With the help of i.c.f.l.o.w.e.r's advice, I thought over that some people would not be able to access books. That got me thinking. So, I came up with a resolution. This book club will only do ebooks. Since, getting hold a book is harder, reading it online is much easier. I will pick two to three books that you can read online for options. In the meantime, I ask of you two things:
1. If you are interested in joining my book club, I need you to please tell me. It would be very helpful if I knew. If you plan to join, all I need is your username and books you enjoy reading.
2. Please help me spread the word about this book club. I will be republishing this to let people know, but it would also be helpful if you help me out too.
Thank you to the people who liked this idea. I hope this will work out, so we can just have fun and enjoy the magic of reading together.  Hopefully, by the month of November, this club will have a good amount of members. If you have any questions, just ask me. Thanks again, bye! 

If you want more info about the book club go can find it here:  WtW: Book Club Idea

• pencils.and.paper.roses

Wow, I’m really, really, really late for this XD is it still happening in any way? I’d love to join. If it is feel free to leave me a comment somewhere. :)

• MoonFromAlola

I know I'm a little late, but a book club would be so cool! I enjoy mystery, science fiction, and really anything fictional.

• PurplePanache

I would love to be a part of your book club. I enjoy historical fiction, ancient literary
    masterpieces and psychological thrillers.

• The Dreamer

Hi,I really hope I am not too late. I have always wanted to be part of a book club. I enjoy reading fantasy,adventure and mystery (and a touch of romance).

• theinvisiblehumanbeing

Hi, I'm so sorry this is a little late, but I'd love to join your book club too!
    I generally enjoy reading dystopian books and poetry. I've actually enjoyed many books over the years, and I can't think of any titles in particular at the moment but I'll get back to you!

• Bellbell0307

Hey, thanks for sending and invitation! I'm so so sooooo sorry that I'm late, bu I'd LOVE to join!
    I mainly read any fictional books, dystopian, or realistic fiction. My two favorite authors are Marissa Meyer, who wrote the Lunar Chronicles, and Lauren Oliver who write mostly realistic fiction but from teenagers perspectives.

• _.mysterywriter._

I'm sorry I haven't read the comment earlier but i'd love to join.
    I have a lot of books that i enjoy reading
    ` The Caged Queen By Kristen Ciccarelli
    `The Mara Dyer Trilogy By Michelle Hodkin
    ` The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
    `Keeper Of The Lost Cities by Shannon messenger
    `The Naturals series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

• green.eyes.gurl

OOH! I'M LATE BUT I WANNA JOIN! Wow that's more enthusiastic than I've been in days wow. You're good. Lol but obviously my username is Catherinely Me and some books I enjoy reading are as follows, but not in a ranking system because I can't choose what like better. I have read all of them but would easily read any one of them another time!
    1. The Testing (Joelle Charbonneau) - Three books, short-ish
    2. ANYTHING BY CASSANDRA CLARE! But we would have to do them in order. First the Clockwork Angel series, which is three books, then The Mortal Instruments, which is six books, and then lastly The Dark Artifices, which is two books with THE THIRD AND FINAL COMING OUT IN LIKE A MONTH AAH! And then the Bane Chronicles because that would be amazing but we could read that at any part - a little on the larger side
    3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Stephen Chbosky) - one book, shorter side
    4. It's Kind of a Funny Story (Ned Vizzini) - one book, medium-ish
    5. Save The Date (Morgan Matson) - one book, medium into the larger side
    Sorry for being late, but I promise I will get right on the reading. It should take my mind off the stuff happening in my life.

Sounds cool!

• JB

That sounds great! I’d love to join!

• Catlover

Okay.

• star_girl

Hey, can I join this too? Just curious since my favorite book is Throne of Glass and I've read it multiple times, so can I still re-read it and pretend??? If not, rosemarywisdom and I will be a team because she's reading the books for the first time (on my recommendation and following the book club XD)

• Johanna

Great idea!

• BeTheChange18

Woah!
    I saw your comment on one of my stories, this is an AMAZING idea!
    I would LOVE to be part of it!
    My favourite types of books are non fiction books about relationships and books that cannot be put down.
    :)

• etheryal

This is so cool!!

• INVISIBL3

I'm definitely in and nope, I like Mortal Instruments and the Young Elites by Marie Lu, but honestly I read anything and everything I can :)

• ElephantAirlines

I'm in! Sounds fun! I don't have any book recommendations at the moment. I look forward to seeing what the first book will be!

• alabaanna

Awesome idea! My reading tastes are pretty warped these days like nothing used to love gives me joy anymore. hopefully, joining this club will expose me to more books that I may like : D

• Dani A. Remlap

This is a great idea!

• EAurora

I'd be interested!

• Bruvton

I guess I'm in! I like reading humour and action/adventure books, but I'd like to broaden my horizons. Is there a Discord server for the club?

• Catlover

Oh, that's fine.

• JadeAndSerpentine

@Catlover: I absolutely love this idea!

Unfortunately, I don't think I'd have time to do this, since I am already in another book club, a creative writing club, a community service club, a science club, sports, and music :( I also find it quite difficult to read online.

I wish you the best of luck!

• Catlover

Yay! People like my idea!!! :)

• Natashia Grace

YAYYYY. COUNT ME IN.
    I basically read everything but realistic fiction & dystopias are my favorites :))
    SOOO EXCITED RIGHT NOW. AHHHH.

• rosemarywisdom

WHOO LET'S GO BOOK CLUB
    I'm joining, in case that wasn't clear XD

• BlueWriter

What a splendid idea! Sorry it took me so long to get here, I was held up by some things....but definitely, I would LOVE to be in your book club. Catlover you are such an inspiration to me, this is like being invited into a book club with JK Rowling! XDD

• TheLittleElephant23

Totally interested! <3 realistic fiction. Just wondering, if you can get a hold of a paper copy would that be okay? Also, not REALLY mature books, I'm still in middle school/Jr. high

• Gabriel Goodwin

Thanks for telling me about thisssssss!

• Gabriel Goodwin

I'm interestedddd! I hope I can be as active as I can XD As for the books, anything is fine as long as the story is of quality~

• trinity_grau@yahoo.com

I'd like to join! I write book reviews all the time on my blog, so this would be fun! https://trinitygrau.wordpress.com/

• Catlover

No, not strictly ebooks.

• nezi_nes

I'd like to join but unfortunately don't have the time this year. I just want to mention your profile pic cause the only Indila song that I listened to I LOVED. Forgot the name of that song haha

• Hannah Gaudette - JoyfulWriter

I would love to do this, but unfortunately, I can't read ebooks very well. Is it going to be strictly ebooks?

• Kitty.Sumire

I am interested.

• Catlover

Okay!

• Victoria Penning

Cool idea! I'd Love to join, but I am kind of picky about what I read. Can't wait to see what happens! :D

• Nonny21

I'm in!! And I think this is a great idea... I mostly read mystery, fantasy and dystopian or rather; anything that I can get my hands on. I can't wait for this!!! <3

• Catlover

Cool, thanks!

• Mads

An easy way to do a Book Club kinda thing could be to start a book club on goodreads.com this website allows you to document what books you've read, join book conversations, rate books, and start book clubs. Just an Idea.

• Mads

Sounds fun! I like fantasy, realistic, and sometimes historical fiction

• Catlover

What kind of fantasy?

• nevaredhp

I'd be interested! I like reading anything YA that isn't fantasy. Thank you for letting me know about this :)

• Catlover

Thanks so much!

• Luna Lemon

This is such a cool idea! I don't think I'd be able to do it because I can't read books online and I won't have a lot of time, but I'll definitely like this to get the word out! I'm also in book clubs outside of WTW so it would be hard to be in multiple. So sorry:( Maybe at some point I'll join it I ever get an opening, but I'll definitely like this to spread the word! This is such a creative idea and I hope a lot of people join:) Thanks for doing amazing stuff like this!