Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Democracy

Is democracy a fraud?   
   This is the question that has been tingling at the minds of US citizens everywhere for years. Does my vote actually matter? Will it make a difference? How can I help with just one vote?   
   The actual question we should ask ourselves is not does it matter, but what would happen if we didn’t vote at all. If you decide that your vote makes no difference in an election, maybe your neighbor feels the same way. Or your sister-in-law, or that sweet young family across the street.   
   This country was built as a democracy and a republic, by the people, for the people. What would happen if those same people ceased voting because they thought their voice didn’t matter among all the millions of other Americans? Elections would cease to exist because the voters’ participation ceased to exist.   
   “Elections belong to the people. It's their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters.” In typical Abraham Lincoln fashion, he hits the nail on the proverbial head. If we do nothing to express our beliefs, we will be going against our own conscience, and accepting whatever government we get; allowing our worries of failure affect our participation in American politics.   
   If we don’t step out there and slip our vote into the ballot box, we will be admitting defeat, and allowing the country to go whichever way the remaining voters choose it. That’s why every vote matters. We aren’t trying to steer the country around via one person’s vote. We are a diverse community, banding together to make the changes we see fit to bring about.    There’s no “you” in democracy. There’s “we the people”.   
   “I have never voted in my life… I have known and understood that the idiots are in a majority, so it’s certain they will win.” - Louis-Ferdinand Céline   This is an example of a man who believed that his vote didn’t matter. He gave up. The fact that he believes the fools are in a majority proves that he admits defeat. But we don’t have to admit defeat. By voting we show that we still care about what happens in our country. That we are still passionate about our beliefs, and willing to convince people so.   
   Elections do not always go the way we want them to, but that doesn’t mean our vote was a failure. As quoted in the novel Brushstrokes of a Gadfly - "You know, they say if you don't vote, you get the government you deserve." If you don’t vote, you have utterly no say in which people retain which government offices. It was your choice not to vote, and thus the consequence of going against your conscience soars over your own head.   
   In conclusion, yes, your vote, your voice, is important. It is who you are, what you stand for, and if you let your beliefs go to waste by not taking part in voting, you are allowing America to go in a direction which you may not be prepared to face.