_TJNR@cheshire_

My name is Talise and I write to express myself. I believe that everyone should have a voice even someone like me who is just 13. Please do not judge me by my age as that would be highly primitive and extremely rude:)

To see more of this series look under Silence is laughing part 1,2,3 and 4.

Silence is laughing part 5

0
I suspiciously scan the area around me, being careful that there is no one in the F ward corridor. It is quiet and empty except for an old whimpering man behind the curtain next to me and a seven-year-old across the hall that's fast asleep, bedridden. I slowly stand this time keeping in mind what Gabrielle the nurse said and reach up to grasp the drip stand that connects me to a fluids bag. Rushing into a wobbly pace I head down the corridor to where I assume reception is. When I am sure no ones watching, I sprint, hobbling down the F ward corridor.
When I finally reach reception I find it abandoned. I ring the small gold bell on the desk and wait patiently........ after several minutes I walk around the front counter to see if anyone's in the room behind it.
"Hello" I coo, pausing to no answer "Hello if anyone's here I would appreciate.." walking further into the room small eyes watch me from pictures and photo frames."I would appreciate.." Paperwork is scattered around the room and the floor is littered with mugs and dirty dishes, whoever was last here must have been in a hurry. I find files piled on top of one and other, teetering dangerously on a messy desk. "appreciate you showing yourself" I finish. I scan the files and notice my name scrawled at the top corner of a plain yellow hospital folder, the newest of the bunch. It sits on the very top of the mountain of files near the fan in the corner. I reach out for it being careful not to trip over anything. Grasping it I thumb the page
 "Miss Athreal?" questions a tall figure appearing out of nowhere "What are you doing out of bed this late...or at all?" "Well... Umm" I stutter stepping forward only to be hit by a massive gust of air from the fan sending the files I am carrying flying around the room. "I shall see to having someone escort you back to your room." "But why?" I ask "I am perfectly fine why are they keeping me here?" "Oh I see" says the figure calmly "they haven't told you yet" "told me what!" I yell "Well I will leave that to your doctor, he will see you in the morning. Now return to your courters and get some sleep Ms Athreal, you are going to need it." And with that the leisurely voiced woman walks out the door "Wait!!" I shout but it is no use she has already left and seems rather preoccupied.