Dummie

Spray paint, autumn leaves, and some form of velvet
-
Casually broken, but it's fine

You are all lovely in the best of ways
-
I've missed you all

Life

6
So I'm guessing at this point
That no one ever told you
This is what life would be like

No one ever told you
That there would be disappointment
The things you try and try
And try
But you don't succeed
Or you continuously hope,
But get let down

No one ever told you
That there would be death
That people wouldn't live forever
And that your loved ones would leave you
Much too soon
For your liking

No one ever told you
That there would be heartbreak
That people would crush your soul
Crush your will to live
By telling you they've stopped loving you
And don't ever want to see you again

No one ever told you
That there would be war
That people would disagree so much
And they would kill so many people
Destroy entire cities
States
Countries

Do you know what else no one ever told you?

No one ever told you that you would make amazing friends

No one ever told you that you would find a person you will love with all of your heart

No one ever told you that the strangest people would be the best people

No one ever told you

That you would find great people

Who would love you
I'm watching the TV show Friends, and the theme song just played as I was looking for a topic, so, ah... Yeah.

1

• Dmoral

Gorgeous!! I loved how you had good things balance out the bad because it shows life can be good too. Keep writing!!

• janice

I love the repetition of "no one ever told you," as it gives a really nice sense of familiarity to the piece, as well as making the reader look forward to what else "no one ever told you." The end of the piece seems kind of odd seeing as the rest of the piece is in stanzas/paragraphs--I would combine it into one or two stanzas/paragraphs.

• Mangolover

Ok, thats good! But yes, the censorship should be improved...

• Dummie

Mangolover-
    I haven't cut myself in months! THAT'S MY POINT! WtW IS EVERYONE'S OULET, BUT THEY ARE BEING CENSORED ON THEIR PIECES INVOLVING DEPRESSION!

• Mangolover

Don't cut yourself. Ever again. We all have breakdowns, but just don't cut yourself. I know life isn't the best, but I'm glad you found WtW as your outlet to write.

• Dummie

Mangolover-
    It is. And it is insanely unfair! Writing is my way of relieving stress, and I've stopped cutting myself ever since I started writing, which was really recently. I talk about what happens in my life, which isn't always positive so that it doesn't bottle up inside and cause me to have a HUGE breakdown! (Notice I said huge: I have small ones all the time, but they have gotten much less frequent than they were 3 months ago.

• Mangolover

Yea, I know about SFOW & it's sad. I also agree it's unfair to write about su*icide, it's just an issue that takes place in the world; we should all accept it & move on.

• Dummie

Mangolover-
    It sucks. You know about SomeFormOfWriting, I assume? The censorship on here is so strict! In English yesterday, my teachers Elf on the Shelf fell off of her white-board tray and she goes "My elf has been trying to commit su*icide all day!" and if she can just say that in school, then we should be able to be a little depressed and write our honest feelings!

• Mangolover

All my pieces usually end in the middle of nowhere, or they end with depressed thoughts. I try to steer away from the su*icidal thoughts, cuz I know it'll get taken down too.

• Dummie

Mangolover-
    So have I. If I wrote one that didn't have that positivity at the ending I know it would get taken down.
    Thank you so much!

• Mangolover

To me, I've just quit upon life cuz it's I've been a disappointment to a lot of people. I've just given up on everything and I'm trying to not care anymore. For some reason, I can't stop thinking and stressing myself out about life, so I'm not doing such a great job. This poem is amazing and "deep" with all your emotions put into it. But don't worry, you'll always have someone there for you <3 Life just goes on :) Anyway, have fun & keep up the great work!!!!!! :P

• Dummie

CreativeAngel-
    Thank you!

• CreativeAngel

Good Job!