Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join by following our profile and filling out the form under the piece entitled "Rules and Form" (the second piece under our Published Work). This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird; we publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!
We operate on a system of monthly reviewing partners. Members of our club are paired with new users every month to write a review of that person's work for every week of that time period.
Please ONLY follow Corner Writing Club if you would like to join this system.

NEW PROMPT! An Ode to Your Favorite Author

7
The prompt for today, writers, is fairly simple.  Write an ode (poem) to the author of your favorite book or book series.  You might choose a well-known fandom writer, like J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, Suzanne Collins, J.R.R. Tolkien, or Veronica Roth; a classic writer, like John Steinbeck, Ernest Hemingway, or Mark Twain; or a lesser worshipped author.  It’s completely up to you.  Or, if you’re not sure, write an ode to literature in general, and include a few famous names.
If you do write an ode to your favorite author, include your favorite moments from the book(s) that they wrote, what makes them colorful, and why the text is memorable.

Make your piece around 75-100 words, but you can go over or under.

Be sure to title your piece with #odetomyauthor.  If you do, we will read and like your work.  If we have enough pieces published under this prompt, we will make a best of compilation in a few days.

Happy writing!