rosemarywisdom

i guess things have come full circle

'cause all my thoughts run astray
and I'm a walking cliché

bona-fide unabashed

we just keep on dreaming
dreaming is free

you asked me what's my pleasure
a movie or a measure

Just a girl with screenwriter aspirations, some of which include successfully pitching a plot to Marvel Studios.

From Sydney and Austin, but currently living in Singapore.

Loves: rock music, typewriters, cassette tapes, vintage and retro things, MARVEL, motorcycles, books, and of course, Guardians. In the process of Vol. 3 soundtrack speculation ;)

Gryffindor ~ Greek Demigod (daughter of Athena) ~ ISFP ~ 80s fanatic ~ Guardian of the Galaxy ~ Marvel Heroine ~ Self-proclaimed badass ~ Spaceship Pilot

These boots were made for walkin'.

I'm not from Earth, I'm from Missouri.

But if you're in trouble (or you've got a line on a score) in the milky way, you can reach me at r.wisdom782@gmail.com.

Love is Overrated

11
It's safe to say that I've never been in love.

It's not that I don't believe in love, in finding that one special person who will put a smile on your face, who will turn your life around, that one person who can make you laugh when nobody else can, make you cry when nobody else can, that one person who will pick you up when you're feeling down, but also wields a weapon poised to shatter your fragile heart. No, I believe in that. I sometimes even believe in the stuff they talk about in fairytales and feature films, or in those fandom pages where everyone's talking about their OTP, stuff like that. It's just that some people really believe that there is one perfect person out there for everyone, and no one should end up alone if they find their soulmate.

Yeah, right.

I've never been in love. There was one or two times when I thought I might've, but no. Sooner rather than later, I will lose my faith completely. The faith that he, that love, will never desert me. Because that's not true. Sometimes, sometimes love hurts.

I have sometimes wondered what it would be like to fall for someone so hard, he takes up all your mind space and you're too in love to think straight. But I know that if I ever felt that and the person in question ever leaves me, I'd spend the rest of my life regretting the time, the love, I gave to him. The mind space I will never get back.

To me, sometimes, love is overrated.

1

• Lauren Nelson

I think love should be redefined in our society.

• Natashia Grace

Preach.
    But maybe one day we'll find out that it isn't overrated in the slightest. I hope so anyway.

• A person

I completely agree with this piece. I can relate wholeheartedly. But it doesn't hurt to have faith that your perfect man OR girl is out there.
    Just keep smiling and believing. :D ;)
    xxx

Me neither, but it's easier to write poems about being in love rather than facing it with cynicism. Which is how irl me does lmao

• rosemarywisdom

I never usually write poems about love because I'm not that kind of person.