ancientvoices

I’m currently 13 and I love to read, write, imagine, draw, and do something challenging. I love hanging out with my friends too. I have pet rabbits and they are amazing pets(you should get one). I’m a cat person. I hope y’all like my writing!

I hope you liked it :)

Beauty of the World

PROMPT: Unplug

2
I stepped outside, taking a deep breath. Fresh, crisp, autumn air reached my lungs. I smiled. The day had been good. I had challenged myself to go without any social media for a whole day. My day was so much better than just staring at a screen. My self-challenge has opened a door for me. A door into the real world, into reality, real happiness. No more trying to pretend to fit in. People can see me as who I am and judge me on that. Let them hate. Or let them love. 
Now I was focused on the world around me. It was dusk and the breeze blew softly. My hair lifted slightly in the wind and waved in the air.
The sky looked like a beautiful painting. Streaks of orange, pink and red slashed the sky in long brushstrokes. The sun burned with an intensity so great it made me want to leap into the clouds. Stars twinkled down at me and my smile broadened. This was what I was missing.