Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join by following our profile and filling out the form under the piece entitled "Rules and Form" (the second piece under our Published Work). This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird; we publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!
We operate on a system of monthly reviewing partners. Members of our club are paired with new users every month to write a review of that person's work for every week of that time period.
Please ONLY follow Corner Writing Club if you would like to join this system.

Reviewing Assignments- Week Three

4
NEWCOMERS: READ FOOTNOTES

There were a considerable amount of people that either didn't do the reviewing assignments last week or forgot to let us know they were done, so if you don't see your name on this list, that's probably why. Simply complete the assignment or let us know that you're done and we'll try to give you a piece to review.

Hibasaurus- Who Watches Over the Heroes? By Kate T
Kate T- Fate Chapter 1 by hibasaurus
Omicron7889- Progression by Anha
Anha- Wrenching Spanners by omicron7889
Crescent- a poem by Surly Wombat
Surly Wombat- Midnight Song by Crescent
Xen- Drive Like You Stole It by Your Local Flynn
Your Local Flynn- do you see the wind riders? By xen
Johanna- No Safe Haven by Clarianogirl
Clarianogirl- Angel by Johanna
Stormguard798- I won't remember what has been forgotten by _TJNR@cheshire_
_TJNR@cheshire_- Fall by stormguard798
Lianhabanana!- Sounds Assail Me by Luna Lemon
Luna Lemon- 12 by lianhabanana!
Kaydenblue- Body of Water by I Write Occasionally
I Write Occasionally- Then and Now by kaydenblue
Paperbird- Psych Ward by INVISIBL3
INVISIBL3- Sounds Assail Me by Paperbird
RainAndSonder- Petals by stripedfly1001
Stripedfly1001- #LifeLemons by RainAndSonder
Star_girl- Jacob's Ladder by SomeFormOfWriting
SomeFormOfWriting- Anything And Everything: Prologue by star_girl
Fatpanda- Eight Seconds by Riley Noel
Riley Noel- change by fatpanda
Made4Love- spicy arrabita sauce by muppet
Muppet- Beautifully Broken by Made4Love
Joann- The Café by ryxxry
Ryxxry- Change my heart by Joann
RavensInksWrites- how van gogh saw the world by elisa
Elisa- Past Lives by RavensInksWrites
Quille- El Azucar Los Condujo (don't worry, the piece itself is in English) by Ellie O'Grady
Ellie O'Grady- Thoughts by Quille
Isla-Grace Davies- night breeze by Kenny
Kenny- disbelief. By Isla-Grace Davies
AcetheticallyPleasing- Touch by Araw
Araw- Silly Silly by AcetheticallyPleasing
Kaartika- Home by AbigailSauble
AbigailSauble- A change in place by Kaartika

ATTENTION! There are two people who requested another week to complete their assignments, and those people are nevaredhp and ancientvoices. Now, the way these reviewing assignments work is that we try to give everyone a piece to review each week and have one of everyone's pieces reviewed each week. I'm sure many of you have noticed that we use a pairing system; you are paired with someone and you review each other's pieces. Nevaredhp and ancientvoices both have pieces to review this week because they requested more time, but neither have anyone to review their pieces. So do we have anyone willing to do that, review one of nevaredhp's and one of ancientvoices' pieces?
FOR NEWCOMERS: You may be wondering, what are reviewing assignments? How do these work? It's simple! Each week, we assign each member a piece of another member to review. The pieces are selected based off what you told us in the form and what we've asked you. Keep in mind that we try to listen to everyone, but there are a lot of members and you may not have gotten a piece that's from your favorite genre. 

So what do you do? Simple! You find your name in the list below, and then search up the piece that you're going to review in the searchbar. We'll give you a week to write the best review you can of it, and when you finish, simply comment down below "Done!" If the week isn't finished and you want another piece to review, just comment "Done! Could I get another piece?" or something like that.

What if I can't find the time this week? 
Just let us know! Life happens and people are busy, and we get that. If you're taking a break from WtW, going on vacation, or if things are just really busy or hectic for you, let us know and we'll review your assignment for you for that week.  

What if I need more time? 
That's perfectly fine! Just let us know, and we'll give you another week. 

Let's say that you really can't review the piece we assigned you, whether it just doesn't click with you, or because of your beliefs, or because you don't understand it or it makes you uncomfortable--- whatever the reason, just comment down below and we'll find you a different piece to review! 

What happens if I don't review it? 
It depends. If you don't review it but you let us know why, that's fine. If you don't review it and you don't let us know why, then there's a problem. We'll be checking in on you the day before the deadline, just as a reminder. If you haven't been active at all that week, we'll give you another week to review it. If you miss that week, too, without letting us know why, your pieces will get pulled out of the mix for the reviewing assignments. If you miss, like, a whole month or two and haven't been active at all during that time, we may have to assume that you're inactive and pull you from the club. If you're going on vacation or taking a break or whatever, just let us know ahead of time, and how long you think you'll be gone! It's easy and it clears up a lot of confusion. 

• fatpanda

Can I join the club, please?

• Johanna

done! (sorry I'm late)

• AcetheticallyPleasing

Done :)

• Corner Writing Club

@Made4Love Sure, no problem! I'll try to get you a piece as soon as possible.

• ryxxry

done

• _TJNR@cheshire_

Super sorry to bother you but no one reviewed my piece. I am not demanding you do something about but I just wanted to notify you. Thanks

• annie_cheng

Okay, I emailed WtW and I think the problem is fixed.

• mossmachinery

done! it is a bit late but i managed to submit by monday

• mariemare

sorry i forgot to do my last reviewing assignment, but i've finished it now and will be more active on wtw.

• Onion3102

Whoop i forgot to mention that I finished the last reviewing assignment

• I Write Occasionally

Done

• Crescent

Done.

• Made4Love

May I have a different piece to review? As I read through the piece I was supposed to review, I realized I didn't understand it very well. It's not a bad poem; I just don't want to write a bad review because I don't completely understand the piece. And I would still like the opportunity to review something. Sorry if this is an inconvenience since it's so late notice!

• Isla-Grace Davies

Done!

• Araw

Finished.

• Surly Wombat

Done! I fixed my computer!

• Corner Writing Club

@annie_cheng At the bottom of the page there should be a thing that says “contact us”, which will let you contact WtW. I have no idea what’s going on but maybe they will, or they’ll help you?

• Surly Wombat

I’m on my phone to write this, but my laptop is messed up(it’s been loading halfway and then restarting for the past 2 hours) so I don’t know when mine will be up or if it will be up, but I will try.

• omicron7889

Done!

• Johanna

Hi I need a lot more time because I won't have access to my laptop for a whole week... sorry!

• annie_cheng

Hey, I'm wondering if someone can help me: I've submitted both of my reviews from the past two weeks a long while back, but for some reason they haven't been published. Do you know how I can fix this?

• Doktor Habit

For the next assignment, could someone review #firstSWWPC 7 | Dream Catcher
    ? :'D

• nevaredhp

I finished the review :) thank you for the extra time! I really appreciate it.

• Ellie!

Oh wait I did my review yesterday...forgot to comment. I'm done!

• ollieollie

Hi! I'm really sorry about that, my last review took about four days to get through the system for some reason. I'll be looking forward to my assignment next week!

• ~Kate T

Just wondering- do you think that the people who just flat out review and not use the peer review template (like me) should have a certain number of lines to do? I've just noticed that now I've left paragraph reviews this way, but in return, I've gotten back one line reviews that don't have much detail, more like a comment instead of a review with actual thought put into it.

• janice

Done!

• kaydenblue

Done!

• Corner Writing Club

@Kenny No worries, it’s totally fine! Thanks for letting us know.

• Luna Lemon

Done! Thanks for making this:)

• lianhabanana!

Done!

Done! :D

• Ellie!

Did annie_cheng say anything about reviewing my piece from last week? She was supposed to review "Laughing." Did she request more time?

• muppet

Done! :)

• Kenny

Hey, I'm really sorry, but I can't review any pieces either this week or the next. My mid-terms are going on at the moment, and I'll be too busy to do anything other than last minute revision.
    I'll be free to review any other pieces after 14 October, though.

• Doktor Habit

Done!

• ~Kate T

Done!

• ~Kate T

I love having these reviewing assignments :)

• _TJNR@cheshire_

Done! :)

• SomeFormOfWriting

Done!

• LyraLynne

I finished mine! Whoops, didn't know we needed to tell you XD

• JediKnightGirl

Actually I'll just review a piece by nevaredhp or ancientvoices. Just let me know :)

• JediKnightGirl

Could you comment on one of my pieces and tell me something to review? I did last week's review kind of last minute (like an hour ago) (I may have forgotten to check your profile) but I really would like something even if I don't get a review in return. Thanks guys and please put me on the list next week! Thanks :)

• Lauren Nelson

Oh, I forgot to note that I had finished my last assignment.