Victoria Penning

18
11 siblings
Airsofter
Writer
Baker
Coffee drinker
KotLC fangirl
Republican
Goof
Town & country girl
Instagram: @author_victoria.penning
Jesus loves you, and I do too.

I was bored the other day, so I came up with this while sitting on the kitchen floor. XD Enjoy, and let me know what you think of it. :)

Life's Journey

5
Tayila shoved her way through the brush and trees. Branches reached out with their twisted and crooked fingers, grasping at her clothes and tearing her skin. She grimaced, but ignored the pain. Pain wasn’t something she could focus on. Her legs drove her faster as she grit her teeth and pushed herself harder. She could hear the crashing behind her as what she was running from drew closer. She could almost imagine her pursuers hot breath pouring down her neck. A sliver of beautiful, golden light appeared up ahead. Her hopes began to rise. Maybe this time, for the first time, she would make it. Her foot reached out to cross into the light when a black, gnarly hand reached out and grasped her arm. She let out a gasp that turned into a choked scream as she was jerked away from the light and into the darkness. A deep, gravely voice rumbled out above her head. The stench of his breath made her gag, but his words stopped her heart.  
     “You won’t make it. You can’t make it. Soon enough, you will die.”

The hand disappeared and Tayila woke up sweating. She sat up in bed and looked around the room as she caught her breath. He was back. She should have known that she couldn't escape him. If her parents couldn't, then how could she? 

1

• Victoria Penning

I don't know. I might at least brood over it, but for now I want to try and finish Evidence for Angels. That's my main priority. ;D

• Mary Wall

You are doing more of this right? Because if you don't... :)