11265106 910295352356656 7944241936944143166 n

Mallorie Cheves

I am a junior in high school and an aspiring writer. I love video games, reading, cooking (and eating) , volunteering, playing the guitar, and of course writing! That's all there is to it, really cx

I would like to receive positive feedback, however constructive criticism, such as redundancy or bad grammar would also be appreciated. I'm very grateful for any reviews, favorites, or follows that I receive, so thank you so much for all of the support, it means a lot! Feel free to comment on anything that stands out to you as well, thanks c:

The Desert Beacons

While looking through the hazy window that leads to a blizzard like wonderland, I see the snow take form into emerald green cacti and cascading steep moutain slopes that emerged from the melting snow mounds. I open the window and climb through; dashing across the scorching hot rocks that stood frozen in the unforgiving sun, and lie down on a bright orange lawn chair that blends into the sunrise. The nostalgic fragrance of a cactus blossum danced in my nose and reminded me of the time in my life where I had no desire to experience the sensation of snow, because the desert was more than enough to fill my days with pure delight. Although, the desert has its flaws as well, I remind myself as I hear the piercing shriek that bombarded my ears when a rattlesnake slithered across the desert landscape. It coils itself around my sun-kissed wrist and I scream; practically waking up the entire classroom as my teacher escorts me out of geometry to yet again lecture me on the "dangers of daydreaming." Once again my geometry teacher interrupts the one daydream that keeps me sane in the frozen over Hell I refer to as, "Michigan."