Fd22aa4d 2798 48c8 87d1 e21418fff502

Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join by following our profile and filling out the form under the piece entitled "Rules and Form" (the second piece under our Published Work). This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird; we publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!
We operate on a system of monthly reviewing partners. Members of our club are paired with new users every month to write a review of that person's work for every week of that time period.
Please ONLY follow Corner Writing Club if you would like to join this system.

Club Newsletter!- Week Two

15
Yes, we have made it to the end of the second week. I don't have a lot of time right now, so I'll keep this short.

What Happened This Week

We reached sixty-one members! Welcome to everyone that joined.

Sadly, there were no reviewing assignments this week as RainAndSonder, who is writing this and handles the assignments, wasn't feeling well. Rest assured, they will be coming next week! We already have them all worked out. Other than that? Well, we published some writing and commenting tips, a few new prompts (including the Boggart Prompt and the Wish I Felt Prompt), and we searched for beta readers and novel writers in the piece titled (what a surprise) CALLING ALL BETA READERS AND WRITERS! If you are looking for a new series to read on WtW or simply want to help other writers, or are currently posting a series, please go check it out. It's brand new and still being developed, but we hope that it will be helpful for all novel writers and readers, and encourage others to post longer pieces and WIPs on WtW. And yes, you can be both a reader and writer!

Oh, and who can forget about our contest? The rules were simple: write a flash fiction piece centered around a starter that we gave you. Many participated and everyone's entries were fantastic, but of course there could only be one winner (and a runner-up and honorable mentions), so make sure to check that out here!

What to Expect Next

Reviewing assignments, prompts, and I've got a featured writer in mind for next week. Stay tuned!

Announcements

Yes, we realize that we forgot to do a newsletter for last week.

...oops.

Let's just pretend that this was week two. That's all for this newsletter!

• ollieollie

thank you so much for all the hard work you two are putting into this. let any of us know if it becomes overwhelming. we're all here to help each other :)

• Ellie!

This club is so much fun already! I'm checking out other members' profiles and there is tons of great writing out there I never would have found otherwise.
    Thanks for making this club, RainAndSonder and Paperbird!

• janice

What week? I know of no week you "skipped." ;) Cool newsletter, and this featured writer thing? Great idea!

• _TJNR@cheshire_

Thank you guys sooo much for doing all of this. You both really deserve 61 members! Congrats :)

• Kahasai

Pfft, you didn't miss a week, what are you talking about? ;) Great job, R&A and Paperbird, you're doing really well. I'm really enjoying this, so please, keep it up!

• lianhabanana!

Great job guys!!!!!!!! 61 followers

• JediKnightGirl

61 followers in two weeks is honestly legendary. Great job you guys, I'm already loving this so much and it's so awesome that you're getting this much attention!

• ~Kate T

61 members? Wowza! This club is getting popular, I can't believe that no one thought to make a user hosted club sooner!