Fd22aa4d 2798 48c8 87d1 e21418fff502

Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join by following our profile and filling out the form under the piece entitled "Rules and Form" (the second piece under our Published Work). This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird; we publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!
We operate on a system of monthly reviewing partners. Members of our club are paired with new users every month to write a review of that person's work for every week of that time period.
Please ONLY follow Corner Writing Club if you would like to join this system.

Reviewing Assignments- Week Two

11
NEWCOMERS: READ FOOTNOTES

Yes, it's Monday, and you know what that means: reviewing assignments. So here they are:

Onion3102 - Be Still by stripedfly1001
Stripedfly1001 - 15 word stories- #9 by Onion3102
Cctolles- Sonnet of Fear by Michelle20
Michelle20- Below the Sea by cctolles
Katherine McCarthy- Friend or Foe by nevaredhp
Nevaredhp- #rswisdomcontest by Katherine McCarthy
Iamsofieemerson- Colorblind by LyraLynne
LyraLynne- Purpose by iamsofieemerson
Your Local Flynn- Sky by ollieollie
Ollieollie- Assembly by Your Local Flynn
Annie_cheng- Laughing by Ellie O'Grady
Ellie O'Grady- #LifeLemons Prompt by annie_cheng
Lauren Nelson- I Think About You by JediKnightGirl
JediKnightGirl- Girls/Boys by Lauren Nelson
Lee Fudge- Look Back by Luna Lemon
Ancientvoices- The Book of Agnesian Mythology: Story One (Part One) by Lee Fudge
UNC Angel- mania by she's-got-a-story
She's-got-a-story- How Someone Else Sees Me by UNC Angel
Nonny2101- Christopher Crow by Catlover
Catlover- #15wordstories by Nonny2101
ChairsRAwesome- Stardust by rosemarywisdom
Rosemarywisdom- 15 Word Story by ChairsRAwesome
Kahasai- Lonely Lover Pt 1 by Anha
Anha- Wraiths of the Moon: Chapter One by Kahasai
Elisa- asteroid belt by mariemare
Mariemare- gold by elisa
_TJNR@cheshire_- Things by Paperbird
Paperbird- Silence is laughing part 1 by _TJNR@cheshire_
Araw- Vices by xen
Xen- The Things You Like by Araw
Nezi_nes- Sent to Nowhere- Chapter One by Audrey
Audrey- If I lose myself I lose it all by nezi_nes
Acethetically Pleasing- The ocean creature by lianhabanana!
Lianhabanana!- Maybe You're Dreaming Too Much by Acethetically Pleasing
Stormguard798- We were once brothers by RJ Elsewhere
RJ Elsewhere- Fall by stormguard798
Surly Wombat- The Final Dusk by Big Bella Rex
Big Bella Rex- a girl named december by Surly Wombat
IC the flowers- Underestimated by Kate T
Kate T- A Deer in Headlights by IC the flowers
Omicron7889- The Moon by hibasaurus
Hibasaurus- clock ,--, work by omicron7889
RavensInkWrites- Orange by SomeFormOfWriting
SomeFormOfWriting- What the world replied by RavensInksWrites
RainAndSonder- Be My Breath by kaydenblue
Kaydenblue- #Seance by RainAndSonder
Valentina- Night Comes by Quille
Quille- Forever by valentina

Now, as you may have noticed, not everyone got an assignment. There are two reasons for this: either you joined after we had paired everyone up (we use a random pairing generator thing), or you told us that you had finished week one's assignments after we had paired everyone up. Don't worry, this doesn't mean you don't get an assignment, it just means that it'll take a little more time to give you yours.

FOR NEWCOMERS:
You may be wondering, what are reviewing assignments? How do these work? It's simple! Each week, we assign each member a piece of another member to review. The pieces are selected based off what you told us in the form and what we've asked you. Keep in mind that we try to listen to everyone, but there are a lot of members and you may not have gotten a piece that's from your favorite genre. 

So what do you do? Simple! You find your name in the list below, and then search up the piece that you're going to review in the searchbar. We'll give you a week to write the best review you can of it, and when you finish, simply comment down below "Done!" If the week isn't finished and you want another piece to review, just comment "Done! Could I get another piece?" or something like that.

What if I can't find the time this week? 
Just let us know! Life happens and people are busy, and we get that. If you're taking a break from WtW, going on vacation, or if things are just really busy or hectic for you, let us know and we'll review your assignment for you for that week.  

What if I need more time? 
That's perfectly fine! Just let us know, and we'll give you another week. 

Let's say that you really can't review the piece we assigned you, whether it just doesn't click with you, or because of your beliefs, or because you don't understand it or it makes you uncomfortable--- whatever the reason, just comment down below and we'll find you a different piece to review! 

What happens if I don't review it? 
It depends. If you don't review it but you let us know why, that's fine. If you don't review it and you don't let us know why, then there's a problem. We'll be checking in on you the day before the deadline, just as a reminder. If you haven't been active at all that week, we'll give you another week to review it. If you miss that week, too, without letting us know why, your pieces will get pulled out of the mix for the reviewing assignments. If you miss, like, a whole month or two and haven't been active at all during that time, we may have to assume that you're inactive and pull you from the club. If you're going on vacation or taking a break or whatever, just let us know ahead of time, and how long you think you'll be gone! It's easy and it clears up a lot of confusion. 

If you have any more questions, leave them down in the comments and we'll answer them as soon as possible!

• ancientvoices

I forgot to tell you but I did it a couple days ago

• Nonny21

Done. Exams got in the way and made it late. Looking forward for the next assignment :)

• Lee Fudge

I forgot to tell you I did mine.

• Aihpos

Sorry that I didn't review, I didn't find the time. I'll do that now! Sometimes I forget to say I did, or I forget to do it, or I did it but don't save it. Sorry for that!

• JediKnightGirl

Hey I just realized this was up... and it's from a week ago... I'll get on that

• valentina

Oh aha I forgot to comment done. I was done a while back so done yay thanks for doing this. I love seeing all these new pieces. (:

• Kahasai

Hey, I can't finish reviewing Anha's piece in time and won't be able to do any thorough reviews due to sudden and severe computer problems (I'm using my phone right now and I hate trying to type on this thing). I'll try to send in Anha's review soon, but would you please not assign me a piece this week? I hope this doesn't cause too many problems, I realize this is sudden notice.

@AcetheticallyPleasing Huh, I don't know. Maybe it's taking longer than usual to come through? Once a review of mine took almost a month to come through. The only thing we can do is wait, though, and if it still doesn't come through you could contact WtW @Made4Love Absolutely!
    @xen Well, a different person reviews your piece each week. So you'd just have the same pieces reviewed over and over, but by lots of different people, which means you get lots of different perspectives and opinions on it, at least!
    @nevaredhp Of course! No problem.

• AcetheticallyPleasing

lianhabanana reviewed my piece days ago but it hasn't come through, and I can't view it. Do you have any idea as to why this might be happening?

• Made4Love

ancientvoices wasn't able to get on this week. Can she have another week?

• omicron7889

Done!

• mossmachinery

Done

• mossmachinery

Done

• Araw

Found the piece and I did the review.

• mossmachinery

what if all your pieces have already been reviewed, and you cant really keep writing new ones? will we still be in the weekly reviewing assignments? or would it be like being a beta reader/just reviewing but not having yours reviewed

• nevaredhp

May I have another week to review my piece? I fell a bit behind in school, so I have to catch up, plus I have a football game, baby shower, and homecoming dance this weekend.

• muppet

i’m still not on here n i’m
    confused

• Johanna

I don't think I'm on here? I'm confused...

• Corner Writing Club

@xen I mean, the whole point is kind of to review the piece, so reviews are preferable.

• mossmachinery

will I have to peer review it or is a comment just fine?

• stormguard798

Done.

Done!

• janice

Yo @elisa I was just looking for a piece to review. i'll do it for you

• ethereal.otherworldly

done ! could you please choose to have someone review my piece "how van gogh saw the world" next time?

• Surly Wombat

Done!

• kaydenblue

Done!

• lianhabanana!

done! but it has not showed up on the page yet idk why

• hibasaurus

Done!

• Luna Lemon

@Corner Writing Club Ok, no problem:)

• _TJNR@cheshire_

Done!

• Corner Writing Club

@SomeFormOfWriting Yes, reviewing another of their pieces is fine. @Araw Just review a different piece by the same member. @Luna Lemon Yeah, there was a mistake thing, it'll be fixed.

• SomeFormOfWriting

Done! (I ended up reviewing RavensInkWrites "Wild Flowers")

• SomeFormOfWriting

Oh, wait, I realized I can't comment either (also, the reason I don't join is because I feel like if I were to, I would feel the need to complete every prompt. That's a "me problem," but that's the reason). I'm just going to peer review another of RavensInkWrites pieces, so I hope that's okay.

• RavensInkWrites

Done

• SomeFormOfWriting

Thanks @stripedfly1001!

• SomeFormOfWriting

Oki, I guess that’s what I’ll do (comment in detail that is).

• janice

done!

• janice

Prompts for the group, that is

• janice

@SomeFormOfWriting--maybe you could just leave a very detailed comment? Or you could just join the group--all you have to do is click on the "join group" button. You don't have to do any of the prompts.

• ~Kate T

Done! However- I did the newer revised version :)

• muppet

aw nads, i hope i get mine soon!

• Ellie!

Did mine!

• Araw

I can't find Vices by Xen. I've used the search bar and looked through their pieces. Should I do another?

• SomeFormOfWriting

Ack (again)! I can't edit RavenInksWrites piece because I'm not a member of the Poets and Wordsmiths group. What should I do?

• AcetheticallyPleasing

Done! ^^

• Doktor Habit

Done!!

*link rip my spelling

@SomeFormOfWriting, I found the like for RavenInksWrites' piece!
    Here--> https://writetheworld.com/groups/5/shared/79624/version/150687

Done, though I could have sworn I'd already reviewed this piece at one point. Probably not rip.

• SomeFormOfWriting

Ack! I'm super sorry if I'm just being dumb, but I was assigned "What the world replied" by RavensInksWrites, and I can't seem to find it in their published works or with a search bar search?? Should I just take another of their pieces?

• Luna Lemon

This is really cool! I love this idea:)
    Also, I see that I don't have an assignment to review but someone has me. I read the instances in why someone wouldn't have an assignment to review and I don't think I'm either case since someone is reviewing my work. Just wondering if it's a mistake or if I'm missing a direction.
    Thanks for doing this! This is such a cool club:)