Hannahk10cp

Forrest Gump- NO SPOILERS

Have you ever had someone in your life that is irreplaceable and is like nobody you have known before? Forrest Gump the titular character, played by Tom Hanks, is that type of person; he is a loyal friend and loving son. He was born to Ms. Gump, played by actress Sally field, in Greenbow, Alabama. I have never seen a character so realistically portrayed in a film with such thought and effort put in every single word that was scripted for Forrest Gump. Throughout the movie (created in 1994,directed by Robert Zemeckis) Gump was depicted as mentally challenged with a below average IQ. He faces many hardships such as wearing braces on his legs and getting shot in the "buttox." Suprisingly the one thing that took Gump many places and gave him large oppurtinitys was his running. He ran everywhere, and could "run like the wind blows." Although he had many struggles to himself he thought he was no other than an ordinary person finding his way through life. He asked for little and made the best of what life was throwing at him. Going along with whatever came his way may not be acceptable for others, but for Forrest it was most definitely adequate because he managed to get involved in every major event in American history from the 1950’s - 1980’s.

As time progressed and Gump went through phases of his life he met many people along the way. The most important people he met through his journey in life were  Lieutenant Dan Taylor played by Gary Sinise and Mykelti Williamson in the role of Bubba Buford Blue. Although these close friends were important to him there was no one more special to Forrest than his childhood best friend and love interest Jenny Curran, portrayed by Robin Wright. 

In my opinion, watching this film made me feel as if I was the person sitting on the bench next to Forrest Gump. Watching the movie made me imagine that I knew him on a personal level because there was at least one thing in the film that every viewer including myself can relate to. In every aspect of the film such as sounds and and overall look of the movie, reached above my expectations.

The most compelling part of the movie are the many quotes that are now used in everyday dialogue, speeches, and more. My three particularly favorite quotes from “Forrest Gump” were “My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.” Secondly, “Stupid is as stupid does.” Lastly, “I may not be a smart man. But I do *know* what love is.” Not only did this film have such inspiring quotes, but it had me jumping out of my chair not knowing what would happen next. It had all the right amount of drama, comedy, action, and love to keep me attentive for 2 hours and 25 minutes. “Forrest Gump” is a movie I most definitely recommend to people from all genres; its sentimental kick and a touch of comedy   will bring everyone to an upbeat spirit. This movie is truly marvelous.