Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join by following our profile and filling out the form under the piece entitled "Rules and Form" (the second piece under our Published Work). This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird; we publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!
We operate on a system of monthly reviewing partners. Members of our club are paired with new users every month to write a review of that person's work for every week of that time period.
Please ONLY follow Corner Writing Club if you would like to join this system.

#cwcfirstcontest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

13
As I hope you are aware, we opened Corner Writing Club’s very first contest on September 13th.  The deadline for the competition was yesterday.  We got seventeen total entries and I first want to praise you all on excellent performances.  It was insanely hard to choose just two people from all of that amazing writing.

FIRST PLACE
Kenny - #cwcfirstcontest
I chose this piece for first place for a variety of reasons, but first and foremost for its humor.  Its spin on the initial prompt made me laugh out loud, for it was both completely ridiculous and true-to-life.  If you haven’t read this amazing piece, I highly suggest you check it out.  The introduction and the word choice is top notch, and it all wraps in a beautifully hilarious way.  This is a well-deserved first place.
The user, Kenny, will receive prizes listed in an earlier piece—a shoutout from RainAndSonder or Paperbird (in this case, it’s Paperbird), and four detailed peer reviews from our profile.  However, I noticed that Kenny has only published three pieces so far on the site, one of which is an entry for our contest, so we will be peer reviewing those pieces that seek reviews as they come out.

SECOND PLACE
ollieollie - The Chain-Link Fence (#cwcfirstcontest)
This piece is truly beautiful.  It gave me a sense of childhood nostalgia and was clearly written fresh from the heart.  I loved this entry again for the unique spin on the prompt---it did not write the obvious, it backtracked and made the story about childhood and humanity.
The user, ollieollie, will receive prizes listed in an earlier piece---two detailed peer reviews from our profile.  ollieollie, please leave your two pieces of choice to be reviewed in the comments (if you don't, we will review your most recent work seeking feedback).

I also want to acknowledge some other masterful writers from our contest.  When going through the winner selection process, RainAndSonder and I narrowed it down to the top five entries we most liked.  Two of those top five made it to first and second place.  The other three I want to give honorable mentions to here:
Kahasai
nezi_nes
Anha
I hope you check out their amazing pieces!

Thank you all for contributing to this contest; stay tuned for more prompts and things on Corner Writing Club!

• _TJNR@cheshire_

Congratulations to everyone at some point I will be sure to read everyone's published entries!

• Johanna

Congratulations y'all!

• ollieollie

woah. man, i should have checked my account earlier. thank you! congrats to Kenny, as well as Kahasai, nezi_nes, and Anha. all of your pieces are amazing. really, i would just like a review on whichever two you guys think are interesting enough to constitute one.
    can't wait to participate in more of these!

Good job everybody! Definitely some winning stories! :D

• nezi_nes

Thank you!! Congrats to the winners and other honourable mention-ed people :))

• Kenny

Oh shit, thank you so much. I have more pieces uploaded now, though. You can review whichever ones you'd like but I'd like it if you could review The Merits of Alone in Comparison to Not Alone and Lucky. I'm sorry I can't link them - I'm on my phone atm.

Again, thank you so much. This contest was real fun and I hope you do more of them. Congratulations to Ollieollie, Anha, Kahasai and nezi nes. I loved your pieces!

• janice

Congratulations to those who won!!

• Kahasai

I made it to top five! Yes!

And congratulations to the winners. They definitely deserved it.

• omicron7889

Congrats to the winners and honorable mentions!

Wow! I can't believe mine got to top five! Congratulations to the winners!

• ~Kate T

Grats everyone!

• rosemarywisdom

Congrats to all who won! They totally deserve it!