emeyers

Christopher Nolan Strikes Again With Inception

Prepare to have your mind blown. Christopher Nolan, director of films like The Dark Knight and The Prestige, has done it again with the absolutely spectacular Inception. Nolan did a remarkable job combining suspense, action, and character development all into a single film, Although it starts off very confusing, Inception keeps the audience craving for their questions to be answered. For those unfamiliar with the plot, it deals with the incredibly skilled thief Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his associate, Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), who specialize in infiltrating the dreams and the subconscious of their targets in order extract information. Their new job offer is something seemingly impossible. Planting an idea in the subconscious of their victim also known as "inception". Throughout the film, one learns the about Cobb's emotional issues and how this new job, offered by Saito (Ken Watanabe), that if successful, will help free him from his past. 
    One truly impressive element about Inception is its ability to keep the audience engaged and hanging on the edge of their seats. This movie requires a lot of attention as it incorporates many different and complex relationships and events. It also makes one think about one's life and ponder what is real and what is not. Could we be all be stuck in a dream? 
    Leonardo DiCaprio delivers a sensational performance as well as his colleagues Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Tom Hardy. Overall this film was excellent. The acting, cinematography, and special effects were phenomenal. Even the sound effects and music were great. No wonder Inception won four Academy Awards incluing best cinematography, best visual effects, and best sound editing. The screenplay and storyline were obviously extremely well thought out. So well thought out, in fact, that it apparently took Nolan ten years to finish writing the script after he had the idea of a world of dreams since he was a kid. Nolan created a very uniqe plot that was quite intriguing. The only thing that left audiences frustrated was that some of the concepts in the movie were quite hard to grasp. However, it was an ingenious move by Christopher Nolan to incite an element of bafflement and wonderment in the viewers. This encourages watchers to discuss, argue, and provide their own interpretation about what really was going on in the film. Most importantly, it draws them in to watch it again and again. Inception is an absolute must-see film that any science fiction, heist, or thriller fan would love.