Fd22aa4d 2798 48c8 87d1 e21418fff502

Corner Writing Club

"Feedback is the breakfast of champions."
-Frank A. Clark

Corner Writing Club is the perfect place for anyone looking for feedback and a chance to contribute to a writing society. Join by following our profile and filling out the form under the piece entitled "Rules and Form" (the second piece under our Published Work). This club is hosted by RainAndSonder and Paperbird; we publish updates every few days.
Some features this club offers are:
- games/challenges
- prompts
- contests
- featured pieces/writers
- and more!
We operate on a system of monthly reviewing partners. Members of our club are paired with new users every month to write a review of that person's work for every week of that time period.
Please ONLY follow Corner Writing Club if you would like to join this system.

CALLING ALL BETA READERS AND NOVEL WRITERS!

10
Writers: have you started posting chapters to a novel or story with multiple parts, but gotten so little feedback that you're hesitant to continue? Or maybe your novel is going well, but you simply need more and more helpful feedback. Whatever it is, this is the place to look!

Readers: do you want to show your support of lengthier pieces and novels on this website? Do you want to help writers and give them your reactions and feedback to their work? Are you simply bored? Perfect! This is a great place for you.

This is how it will work: if you are interested in beta reading, simply fill out the form in a comment below! If you're a writer, fill out the form for writers! Don't worry, it's not long or overly complicated.

Being a beta reader will not oblige you to read every single novel on this site or overwork you. We're simply making an effort to connect novel writers and interested readers. We've noticed that many longer pieces or serialized novels or stories don't get nearly as much attention, with one or even no readers. We're trying to change that, and we hope that (if you have the time and interest) you will help us.

So you know that you need to fill out the forms below, but we're still being vague. How exactly will this work? Well, once we have a good amount of beta readers and novel writers, we'll start matching everyone up. For example, if we have a beta reader that says they LOVE science fiction, a large supporting cast, and themes of what it means to be human, and we have a writer who's been posting a science fiction novel with a large supporting cast and themes of what it means to be human, we'lll pair them up! But how exactly does it work? Well, after we match everyone up, we'll comment privately on one of the beta reader's pieces, giving them a recommendation. For example, we might say, "Hey, you might like to beta read MeekPopcorn's novel The Meekest Popcorn; it has four chapters so far and is about blah blah blah." Obviously I made all that up, but it'll look something like that.

Now, you don't have to beta read the novel we recommend you. It's just that, a recommendation. We suggest reading the first chapter or prologue to get the feel of the piece and decide if it's for you or not. If it is, great, and if it isn't, we'll try to find you something else. However, we can't know until you tell us. Comment on one of our pieces (preferably this one) something like "Yes, I think that's a good fit for me and I plan to beta read it!" or "I just don't think it's for me, could I get something else?"

After that, it's all you, but if you finish what's posted of the novel so far, feel free (in fact, we highly encourage this) to come back and say "I've read all of that one so far, could I get another one?"

It's not as complicated as it sounds. We've never done this before, and don't think anyone else has, so it's all very changeable. If something doesn't work out, we'll tweak the system a little. But in the meantime, this is what we have, and we hope that this will help shine a light on some of the novels and lengthier pieces on this site!

Here are the forms. Please fill them out in the comments below all in one comment.

BETA READER'S FORM:
Username:
Favorite genres to read:
Favorite themes in writing (for example: death, morality, religion, family, etc):
Some of your favorite actual published books:
Favorite tropes (for example, maybe you really like the fantasy academy trope, or the boy-next-door falls in love with girl trope, or the old grouch whose life is changed by a child trope--- if you still don't know what I mean, search it up, or go to TV Tropes):
What are some things you look for most in writing (beautiful style, gripping plot, suspense, sympathetic characters, etc):
Your commenting/reviewing style (long, short, detailed, critiques, reactions, etc):
Any other preferences, notes, questions, other:

WRITER'S FORM:
Username:
Name of novel:
How many chapters published on WtW so far:
Genre:
Short 1 or 2 sentence summary:
Some themes/tropes that are in your novel (for example, if WtW had tags, what are some tags you would add to it?):
Published books that are similar to or inspired your novel:
Favorite types of readers (encouraging, harsh, detailed, etc):
Anything readers should know about your novel--- strong language, graphic violence, explicit scenes, etc:
If you had to pitch your novel to an agent, what would you say?
Anything else--- notes, preferences, questions, other:
Thanks for everyone that chooses to participate in it! If you have any questions, just leave a comment. And yes, you can be a writer and a beta reader. 

• Christy Wisdom

Username: Christy Wisdom
    Name of novel: Of Faeries and Fatigues (although I might start another soon)
    How many chapters published on WtW so far: 14
    Genre: Fantasy/Action Adventure
    Short 1 or 2 sentence summary: Basically, a girl who is half-fae (half-faery) is captured by the government, and forced to do its bidding.
    Some themes/tropes that are in your novel (for example, if WtW had tags, what are some tags you would add to it?): Magical races, girl protagonist, evil president/army, betrayal...
    Published books that are similar to or inspired your novel: Hmm... I actually don't know. I would guess that Artemis Fowl is sort of similar/inspires it..
    Favorite types of readers (encouraging, harsh, detailed, etc): Pretty much any type. Encouraging, harsh, detailed, I'd just love some feedback on what's working and what's not.
    Anything readers should know about your novel--- strong language, graphic violence, explicit scenes, etc: Ok, so I haven't posted for a very long time, I just don't quite know where it's going right now, but I haven't given up on it. There is absolutely no language, no explicit scenes. There isn't romance, so I'm sorry if you really like that. There is violence, but I wouldn't consider it graphic.
    If you had to pitch your novel to an agent, what would you say? Lindsey Stone has grown up in the wreckage of a war that ravaged the world. The humans were jealous of the magical races, and sought to destroy them. Most people think that there are none left; what they don't realize is that they are just in hiding. Problem? Magicals are illegal in human towns. Bigger problem? Lindsey is half-Fae.
    Anything else--- notes, preferences, questions, other: Like I said, I haven't posted in a while. The novel sprang from a very incomplete postcard fiction I wrote on a whim, so I'm trying to figure out where it'll go. I'm still planning on completing it, but it might be a while before I post more.

Is it too late to do this?
    I only just started posting my novel, Elfboy, and would love to receive a good bit of feedback.

• Crescent

Username: Crescent

Name of novel: Throne of Silver and Shadow

How many chapters published on WtW so far: 0

Genre: YA Epic Fantasy

Short Summary: Girl is blackmailed into entering competition for the crown of her country's enemy kingdom. If she does not, the only thing that she cares about anymore will be taken from her.

Some themes/tropes that are in your novel: Competition for a crown, a court

Published books that inspired your novel: Throne of Glass

Favorite types of readers: Harsh, detailed. Mostly harsh.

Anything readers should know about your novel: There are dark themes, especially in the beginning. There are a few curses (in later chapters).

Teahouse lady, as the Entiwains would say, Diessa Undyris has fallen from grace and lost everything that tethers her to living except for a little orphan girl, who she protects at the expense of herself. When enemy Lord Guthrel blackmails her using this one last thing, Diessa obeys and enters his kingdom's competition for the crown, knowing very well she will be his marionette.

Please—the one thing I need to know most is if you would continue reading the story and if you feel for the protagonist.

• rosemarywisdom

Username: rosemarywisdom

Favorite genres to read: Action, adventure

Favorite themes in writing (for example: death, morality, religion, family, etc): Individualism, Sacrifice

Some of your favorite actual published books: Lost For Words, Order of the Phoenix, Eliza and her Monsters

Favorite tropes: The roguish, witty, adventurous guy who falls hard for the badass chick with the tainted past.

What are some things you look for most in writing (beautiful style, gripping plot, suspense, sympathetic characters, etc): Gripping plot and characters I can relate to.

Your commenting/reviewing style (long, short, detailed, critiques, reactions, etc): Brutally honest, but I know a good piece when I see one.

Any other preferences, notes, questions, other: Nope, I think I'm good!

• rosemarywisdom

Username: rosemarywisdom

Name of novel: Unspoken

How many chapters published on WtW so far: Eleven

Genre: Realistic fiction turned fantasy/adventure

Short 1 or 2 sentence summary: Sarcastic Autymn Halloran hides her tragic past. But when she accidentally discovers the catacombs beneath her school hold dark secrets of their own, she embarks on the adventure of a lifetime, where the lines between fantasy and reality are dangerously blurred.

Some themes/tropes that are in your novel (for example, if WtW had tags, what are some tags you would add to it?): Adventure/Humor/Hinted At Romance

Published books that are similar to or inspired your novel: I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Favorite types of readers (encouraging, harsh, detailed, etc): Encouraging and detailed.

Anything readers should know about your novel--- strong language, graphic violence, explicit scenes, etc: Nope.

If you had to pitch your novel to an agent, what would you say? Give me a chance. Autymn's story is a big part of me and I'd like you and others to experience that.

Anything else--- notes, preferences, questions, other: I hope you like it!

• Johanna

Username: Johanna
    Name of novel: Haemolacria
    How many chapters published on WtW so far: I think 2? 3?
    Genre: Fantasy/adventure
    Short 1 or 2 sentence summary: Three girls discovered a secret right beneath their school, but it might've been a mistake. The 'curse' sets them on a adventure, supposedly a quest to go back to normal. The adventure is filled with danger and the struggles of friendships. (I don't know what this is :o)
    Some themes/tropes that are in your novel (for example, if WtW had tags, what are some tags you would add to it?): curses, magic, friendship, fantasy, adventure
    Published books that are similar to or inspired your novel: ...
    Favorite types of readers (encouraging, harsh, detailed, etc): ALL
    Anything readers should know about your novel--- strong language, graphic violence, explicit scenes, etc: I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep on updating so yeah...
    If you had to pitch your novel to an agent, what would you say? Don't judge.
    Anything else--- notes, preferences, questions, other: THANK YOU!!!

• Kahasai

WRITER'S FORM
    Username: Kahasai

Name of novel: Wraiths of the Moon

How many chapters published on WtW so far: 6

Genre: fantasy

Short 1 or 2 sentence summary: A disgraced princess sets out to return the moonlight to the sky after centuries of darkness. In order to do do she must enter the dangerous Mistwood, where she meets a sassy demoness and one demon who wants the moonlight at all costs.

Some themes/tropes that are in your novel (for example, if WtW had tags, what are some tags you would add to it?): mysterious, has a princess, inner strength, sarcasm, syspense, sass, secretive pasts, racism (esp. between princess and demon), friendship, magic ...

Published books that are similar to or inspired your novel: Hansel and Gretal (maybe, in terms of likeness). The Lunar Chronicles. A comic story called Ghostblade, which can be found on two websites/apps, Tapastic and Webtoon.

Favorite types of readers: detailed, critical; I prefer encouraging stuff in the comments and harsher stuff in more detailed reviews, but if unable/unwanting to review, please mix positive and negative in comment, even if you're repeating things another reader has said.

Anything readers should know about your novel: mild swearing.

Novel pitch (have no idea how this works, so ...): The last of her family, an outcast princess vows to return the moonlight to the sky after centuries of only starlight. It isn't long before she must put her trust (and life) in the hands of a sassy demon with secrets, a witch who steals and sells weapons for a living, and a childhood friend turned stranger.

• lianhabanana!

BETA READER'S FORM:
    Username: lianhabanana!
    Favorite genres to read: Mostly fantasy but I also am open to reading anything as long as it is not super depressing.
    Favorite themes in writing (for example: death, morality, religion, family, etc): I have not actually finished writing a story yet so that is one of my goals but I like writing things that are sometimes cliche or short stories ( I have finished a short story). I like writing stories that are imaginative and original.
    Some of your favorite actual published books: HARRY POTTER! PERCY JACKSON! HEROES OF OLYMPUS!
    Favorite tropes (for example, maybe you really like the fantasy academy trope, or the boy-next-door falls in love with girl trope, or the old grouch whose life is changed by a child trope--- if you still don't know what I mean, search it up, or go to TV Tropes): I don't really know. I like the trope where they all find out they have secret powers that are connected to stuff etc.
    What are some things you look for most in writing (beautiful style, gripping plot, suspense, sympathetic characters, etc): DEFS GRIPPING PLOT I love a book you can't stop reading. Oh and suspenseful stories.
    Your commenting/reviewing style (long, short, detailed, critiques, reactions, etc): Usually they are short but I would like to work on that.
    Any other preferences, notes, questions, other: nope

WRITER'S FORM:
    Username: lianhabanana!
    Name of novel: In between worlds ( the title may change seeing as I have not started publishing it yet. However I will let you guys know if it has.
    How many chapters published on WtW so far: none but will start soon!
    Genre: Sci-fi
    Short 1 or 2 sentence summary: I cannot sum it up in 1 or 2 sentences. And I don't want to spoil it.
    Some themes/tropes that are in your novel (for example, if WtW had tags, what are some tags you would add to it?): Sci-fi um... mystery etc
    Published books that are similar to or inspired your novel: Doctor Who
    Anything readers should know about your novel--- strong language, graphic violence, explicit scenes, etc: Some violence maybe some swearing here or there but I doubt it.
    If you had to pitch your novel to an agent, what would you say? I have absolutely no idea.
    Anything else--- notes, preferences, questions, other: Nope

• lianhabanana!

Hey guys I made a big mistake on my old form so I will do it again now.

• Corner Writing Club

@Lee Fudge, you can be both a writer and a beta reader.

• Lee Fudge

WRITER'S FORM:
    Username: Lee Fudge.
    Name of Book: The Book of Agnesian Mythology.
    How Many Chapters: It has two parts.
    Genre: Fantasy.
    Summary: The book is about mythology from a country I made up.
    Themes/Tropes: Redemption.
    Published books that inspired or similar to novel: The book is knspired by Shinto mythology.
    Favorite types of readers: Detailed readers.
    Things readers shoukd know: There may be violence later in the book.
    What I Say to an Agent: "Hey, maybe one person will like this book!"
    Anything else: Can I fill out the beta reader form as well?

• ~Kate T

BETA READER'S FORM:
    Username: ~Kate T
    Favorite genres to read: Science fiction, YA, fantasy
    Favorite themes in writing (for example death, morality, religion, family, etc): morality, dystopia, anything as long as it isn’t crazy romantic and has a well-developed plot.
    Some of your favorite actual published books: Six of Crows, Crooked Kingdom, Refugee… I really can’t choose
    Favorite tropes: Not sure… evil/good villain/hero, villains with PURPOSE
    What are some things you look for most in writing: Suspense, gripping plot, developed protagonists and antagonists.
    Your commenting/reviewing style (long, short, detailed, critiques, reactions, etc): Medium length, detailed, encouraging and critical

WRITER'S FORM:
    Username: Kate T
    Name of novel: Untitled.
    How many chapters published on WtW so far: Coming very very soon, next week most likely
    Genre: Ahhh… it falls under science fiction and YA.

Short 1 or 2 sentence summary: Four young teens, two girls, two boys. All somehow connected- they wake up with no memories of who they used to be in a town where everyone knows of their disappearances. They start to realize that getting their memories back might be more painful than not having them…

Some themes/tropes that are in your novel (for example, if WtW had tags, what are some tags you would add to it?): Science fiction, YA, fantasy, mystery, suspense, backstories

Published books that are similar to or inspired your novel: I can’t think of any- so far my story is based on my own ideas and not really modeled after anything.

Favorite types of readers (encouraging, harsh, detailed, etc): Detailed and encouraging
    Anything readers should know about your novel--- strong language, graphic violence, explicit scenes, etc: Some violence/fighting, maybe a mention of blood, talk of abusive parents, talk of gangs and arson, a mention of suicide.
    If you had to pitch your novel to an agent, what would you say?: Give me a chance and I’ll blow your mind with plot twists and characters that seem real.

• Luna Lemon

Username: Luna Lemon
    Favorite genres to read: Fantasy(but I'm open to any genre)
    Favorite themes in writing: Friendship/Family, Individualism, Sacrifice
    Some of your favorite actual published books: Harry Potter, Percy Jackson(Anything Rick Riordan), The Book Thief, Alice in Wonderland
    Favorite tropes: Fantasy academy/organization, opposites attract, people suddenly learning they have abilities
    Your commenting/reviewing style: I usually like to write detailed comments about my favorite parts of the story and how well the story is told(writing style, imagery, word choice, etc).
    Any other preferences, notes, questions, other: I've currently reading "Unspoken" by Rosemary Wisdom, mrcolinredward's Peter Pan sequels, "Modern Cinderella" by Catlover, and "Wraiths of the Moon" by Kahasai and I've finished "Dawn of Kings" by Catlover. So, if they want new readers, I may not be the best person for those specific stories. Other than that, I'm happy to read anything!
    Thanks for doing this, it's a really awesome thing to do:)

• paperbird

BETA READER
    Username: Paperbird
    Favorite genres: Fantasy, fiction, sci-if
    Fav themes: Death, morality
    Favorite published books: Harry Potter
    Fav tropes: Idk anything
    Some things I look lost for in writing: Beautiful writing style
    Commenting style: Usually short and reactionary
    Reviewing style: Usually detailed w/ a lot of critiquing

WRITERS
    Username: Paperbird
    Name of novel: End
    # of chapters published: None so far, coming soon
    Genre: Fiction/fantasy, sci-if, dystopia, war
    Short summary: Set in the far future—the story tells of an inter species war, following Silas, a depressed king, Paris, an affected commoner, and Jack, a soldier who ventures to the afterlife.
    Published books that are similar: Eeek I mean it might be similar to some Stephen king novels
    Favorite types of readers: I mean, encouraging. And detailed.
    Things readers should know about my novel - Mild language. A few graphic scenes that will probably be cut down bc of WtW restrictions.
    Agent pitch: Idk. Just give me a shot.
    Anything else: I will not start my novel for a few weeks and chapters will be published probably fairly occasionally. Also I am aware that I am one of the authors in this club but... what the heck I can still join

• janice

BETA READER'S FORM
    Username: stripedfly1001 (with a lowercase "s")
    Favorite genres to read: Honestly? That keeps changing, so I'll go with anything. Mystery is nice, though.
    Favorite themes in writing (for example: death, morality, religion, family, etc): Anything! Things that are overly-happy I find annoying, though
    Some of your favorite actual published books: Narnia, A Wrinkle in Time, Star Wars books, Percy Jackson
    Favorite tropes (for example, maybe you really like the fantasy academy trope, or the boy-next-door falls in love with girl trope, or the old grouch whose life is changed by a child trope--- if you still don't know what I mean, search it up, or go to TV Tropes): Forbidden love, being pulled by two sides, internal conflict
    What are some things you look for most in writing (beautiful style, gripping plot, suspense, sympathetic characters, etc): Stories that make you want to stay up all night reading, then make you cry when it's over because now you know what happens ;)
    Your commenting/reviewing style (long, short, detailed, critiques, reactions, etc): I try to aim for longer reviews
    Any other preferences, notes, questions, other: Nothing that is explicit, overly-suggestive, has needless violence, needless swearing, and disregard for any culture or religion is okay.

• Catlover

Username: Catlover
    Name of the novel: The Dawn of Kings
    How many chapters published on WtW so far: I believe I published eight.
    Genre: Fantasy and fanfiction.
    Short 1 or 2 sentence summary: A backstory of Prince but later King Thranduil and how he became the cold-hearted character we know.
    Some themes/tropes that are in your novel (for example, if WtW had tags, what are some tags you would add to it?): I have many. Sacrifice, love, magic, and adventure.
    Published books that are similar to or inspired your novel: The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.
    Favorite types of readers (encouraging, harsh, detailed, etc): Encouraging but also helpful at the same time.
    Anything readers should know about your novel--- strong language, graphic violence, explicit scenes, etc: Um, it has violence/
    If you had to pitch your novel to an agent, what would you say? The story behind a story of a famous character.

• ~Kate T

I'm going to start posting chapters of my novel on here. This sounds like a great idea.

• muppet

BETA READER'S FORM:
    Username: muppet
    Favorite genres to read: romance, women’s fiction
    Favorite themes in writing (for example: death, morality, religion, family, etc): L O V E
    Some of your favorite actual published books: Lolita, The March of the Foxgloves
    Favorite tropes (for example, maybe you really like the fantasy academy trope, or the boy-next-door falls in love with girl trope, or the old grouch whose life is changed by a child trope--- if you still don't know what I mean, search it up, or go to TV Tropes): Forbidden love, affairs, historical love, long distance relationships, heart-wrenching sadness
    What are some things you look for most in writing (beautiful style, gripping plot, suspense, sympathetic characters, etc): Fluid style, good characters, and well-done fig lang.
    Your commenting/reviewing style (long, short, detailed, critiques, reactions, etc): Long, detailed, but I am critical!
    Any other preferences, notes, questions, other: I’m not offended by anything. I feel like elisa or shes-got-a-story would be a good fit for my reader bc they don’t seem offended by my content style and seem interested in romance. Idk, just some food for thought!

• muppet

Username: muppet
    Name of novel: Visions of Glimmering (these are my Michael and Atta stories)
    How many chapters published on WtW so far: 4
    Genre: Romance, Coming-of-Age
    Short 1 or 2 sentence summary: Atta Henderson and her boyfriend Michael are young musicians with traumatic pasts who are desperate to make it big.
    Some themes/tropes that are in your novel (for example, if WtW had tags, what are some tags you would add to it?): music, love, romance, hardship, self-doubt, trauma, overcoming
    Published books that are similar to or inspired your novel: None I can think of
    Favorite types of readers (encouraging, harsh, detailed, etc): Detailed, encouring, passionate, and willing to critique.
    Anything readers should know about your novel--- strong language, graphic violence, explicit scenes, etc: YES. This is set in early 80’s Australia, and there’s loads of cussing. There’s some light fighting and some suggestive themes throughout. Chapter 5 has lots of suggestive material and violence, which is why I haven’t posted it.
    If you had to pitch your novel to an agent, what would you say? I’d say it’s a story about how your childhood can dictate the kind of person you’ll be forever, unless you can overcome it.
    Anything else--- notes, preferences, questions, other: Please don’t go for this if it’ll offend you, because we’ll both get nothing out of it.

• Surly Wombat

Oooooh. I'm going to start my novel soon, hopefully I'll be done outlining by NaNoWrMo. I'll definitely fill one out when I start it.

• janice

WRITER'S FORM
    Username: stripedfly1001
    Name of novel: Once Upon a Never
    Genre: Fantasy, mystery, sort of a fairy-tale, maybe romance but I'm not sure yet
    Short 1 or 2 sentence summary: Anita lives in a society governed by rules and etiquette. The discovery of a magical world changes everything she believes in.
    Some themes/tropes that are in your novel (for example, if WtW had tags, what are some tags you would add to it?): Mystery, fantasy, fairy-tale, more tags to come ;)
    Published books that are similar to or inspired your novel: Inspired by is absolutely none, but similar ones could be Narnia and LOTR
    Favorite types of readers (encouraging, harsh, detailed, etc): Detailed and brutally honest, though honestly, I enjoy any feedback
    Anything readers should know about your novel--- strong language, graphic violence, explicit scenes, etc: Nothing like that, though I plan on a few heart-breaking scenes
    If you had to pitch your novel to an agent, what would you say? Please revise this carefully. It is my first full-length novel, so don't kill it, please
    Other: I have a pretty good idea of what is going to happen, but if you have any suggestions for the novel, please don't be shy!!!

• nevaredhp

BETA READER'S FORM:
    Username: nevaredhp
    Favorite genres to read: all besides fantasy. not a huge fan of scifi either
    Favorite themes in writing (for example: death, morality, religion, family, etc): Christianity, friendship, high school struggles, mental health struggles
    Some of your favorite actual published books: The Selection series, Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Outsiders, The List, Diary of Anne Frank
    Favorite tropes: not really a fan of any of them to be honest. Unless they're done really well
    What are some things you look for most in writing: realistic characters and a plot that draws me in to keep wanting more
    Your commenting/reviewing style (long, short, detailed, critiques, reactions, etc): I try to give detailed reviews, but often I run out of time due to school and end up leaving shorter, encouraging thoughts as opposed to longer, more critique-like thoughts.
    Any other preferences, notes, questions, other: Question - if I start writing a novel on here in the future, may I fill out the writer's form when I start, or will it be too late at that point?

• _TJNR@cheshire_

If that's okay I am interested in both...
    Writers form:

_TJNR@cheshire_

Silence is speaking

2

Ummm sorry not really sure (I am not great with defining different genres in my work).

Silence is speaking follows the story of a young girl; Skye who works for the AFWA (Amonds Funeral Will Agency). Her work forces her to be involved with crimes such as financial fraud, secret operations, illegal operations, illicit substance dealing and worst of all murder. The real question is since she is in the field and trusted by the AFWA will she play along and pretend like nothing is happening or will she risk her life to save others and fight for the greater good?

Sorry but ???

Artemis Fowl (not that it will be much like it but that is what inspired it).

Sorry again but ????

It may have a little violence or swearing but that's it.

???

No not really, sorry if this wasn't very helpful but am still yet to figure out the rest of my story.

Beta Readers Form:

_TJNR@cheshire_

No preference happy to read whatever!

Hunger Games, Graceling and Gone

As I said am really happy with whatever

Balance, Gripping plot, good description and technique of the writers own.

My reviewing style tends to not be too long but fairly detailed. I like to balance it; critique and complement.

No that's pretty much it

Thank you so much for this great opportunity!

• SomeFormOfWriting

Writer's Form:
    Username: SomeFormOfWriting
    Name of novel: One Last Time
    How many chapters published on WtW so far: 12
    Genre: Fantasy (not high-fantasy), emotional (although I know that's not a genre per se)
    Short 1 or 2 sentence summary: Luke and Aaron, princes of two opposing kingdoms with polar opposite personalities were once best friends, but after the death of one of their close friends, their relationship crumbled and now their kingdoms are at war. "One Last Time" shows how the princes' struggle with their confliction over fighting each other, as well as their shifts in morality and personalities over the years.
    Some themes/tropes that are in your novel: friendship, confliction, morality, 1st person, two points of view, flashbacks (present/past).
    Published books that are similar to or inspired your novel: I don't know? The kingdoms are reminiscent of those in the video game "Fire Emblem Fates."
    Favorite types of readers: Harsh (I want to improve), but also will say what they think I did well (so I can continue doing those things well). Really, all I want is thorough.
    Anything readers should know about your novel: violence, but not super descriptive, intense violence.
    If you had to pitch your novel to an agent, what would you say?: "One Last Time" uses the protagonists Luke and Aaron to show a conflict from both sides, and show how much the gaining of or loss of a friendship can affect a person. (Also, I supposedly have pretty good world-building and realistic, emotional character.)
    Anything else--- notes, preferences, questions, other: I believe my grammar/spelling to be fairly strong, and I'm specifically looking for someone to critique things regarding plot, character development, world building, etc.

@Corner Writing Club Thank you so much for this idea! I'm always looking for a chance to get more feedback on my novel.

• she's-got-a-story

she's-got-a-story
    genres: cheesy romance, suspense/mild thriller, (not high concept) fantasy
    themes: l o v e and loss, mortality, innocence and the loss of it
    fav books: we were liars, the book thief, to kill a mockingbird, the handmaid's tale, girl in translation, anything post-aaok john green
    Favorite tropes: anything cute or heartwrenching (either makes me go awww or nooo!)
    things i look for: style, maturity (of the writing itself, not the content), thoughtfulness in structure and execution, an interesting premise.
    reviewing style: i am ruthless when it comes to grammar. i will also do analysis if i feel the piece lends itself to careful consideration. i tend to do longer reviews, and avoid single-sentence responses as much as possible.