Peer Review by Ryder (United States of America)

On a Mission(s) to Change the World

By: pencils.and.paper.roses

I was young, only 13 years old, when I knew what I would be when I grew up. I was sitting at my desk, drawing, and for some odd reason, thinking about the future, what I would do, what I would be. Would I be an author, always my plan? Would I visit France and become a mime, something I'd never even considered? Then suddenly a thought struck me: Maybe I should go into missions

I've forever wanted to change the world for the better. A missionary changes the world for God. How could I do that? I had always been a PK, a preacher's kid, and also a preacher's grandkid, and growing up, I'd read books about Corrie Ten Boom and Gladys Aylward, famous missionaries in the past. Both of them were amazing, inspiring people, and they brought the Lord to people in China and during WWII. But, leaning on my writing talent for my future career, I'd never really considered following in their footsteps. I guessed that I could write an autobiography, like they did, and tell about my missions experiences, but the thought hadn't really stayed in my mind. When I had the feeling, I felt called to Africa or Mexico especially. 

For some reason, I felt nervous to tell anyone. Was it truly what I was called to do in life? One could never be sure. But when I finally told my parents, my mother cried tears of joy, and my father was prouder than I could ever remember him being in my life. "Oh baby, I'm so proud of you!" they said. So, thanks to the Lord and His words, my path is changed. I plan to go on a missions trip as soon as I can. I will open a Christian orphanage for needy children and take them in, care for them, teach them.

I will change the world.

I'm very nervously. very excitedly turning in my final draft of this piece! Wish me luck, everyone! :D

This is great! I love the way you told it. I can see you put a lot of feeling into this.

I know why this is important to you because I also feel called to do missions, and everything in my power to spread the word of God.

I think this piece great the way it is. This must have really changed a lot for you.

I don't think anything needs added or omitted.

You are a great writer and I think you should continue to write while doing missions. Keep up the good work!

You could write Christian children's stories and self publish them on Amazon:) God bless you!