Pencils.and.paper.roses

pencils.and.paper.roses

Writer
NERD
Baker
HUGE Marvel fan
Hopeless romantic
Grade 10
The Lumineers
Kodaline
Bird lover
Fascinated by British people and culture
Love M. Night Shyamalan movies
In love with
James McAvoy
&
Rami Malek
❤️

I'm very nervously. very excitedly turning in my final draft of this piece! Wish me luck, everyone! :D

On a Mission(s) to Change the World

I was young, only 13 years old, when I knew what I would be when I grew up. I was sitting at my desk, drawing, and for some odd reason, thinking about the future, what I would do, what I would be. Would I be an author, always my plan? Would I visit France and become a mime, something I'd never even considered? Then suddenly a thought struck me: Maybe I should go into missions

I've forever wanted to change the world for the better. A missionary changes the world for God. How could I do that? I had always been a PK, a preacher's kid, and also a preacher's grandkid, and growing up, I'd read books about Corrie Ten Boom and Gladys Aylward, famous missionaries in the past. Both of them were amazing, inspiring people, and they brought the Lord to people in China and during WWII. But, leaning on my writing talent for my future career, I'd never really considered following in their footsteps. I guessed that I could write an autobiography, like they did, and tell about my missions experiences, but the thought hadn't really stayed in my mind. When I had the feeling, I felt called to Africa or Mexico especially. 

For some reason, I felt nervous to tell anyone. Was it truly what I was called to do in life? One could never be sure. But when I finally told my parents, my mother cried tears of joy, and my father was prouder than I could ever remember him being in my life. "Oh baby, I'm so proud of you!" they said. So, thanks to the Lord and His words, my path is changed. I plan to go on a missions trip as soon as I can. I will open a Christian orphanage for needy children and take them in, care for them, teach them.

I will change the world.