B493bd15 cb2f 422a 8a56 2193d8b5a721

pencils.and.paper.roses

Writer
NERD
Baker
HUGE Marvel fan
Hopeless romantic
16
Senior
The Lumineers
Kodaline
Bird lover
Fascinated by British people and culture
Love M. Night Shyamalan movies
In love with
James McAvoy
&
Rami Malek
❤️

Hey everbody! This piece is super important to me, so all the feedback you can give, please do!! Thanks for reading, and hope you like it! :D

On a Mission(s) to Change the World

I was 13 years old and sitting at my desk, drawing. For some odd reason, I was thinking about the future, what I would do, what I would be. Would I be an author, always my plan? Would I visit France and become a mime, something I'd never even considered? Then suddenly a thought struck me: Maybe I should go into missions

I've always wanted to change the world for the better. A missionary changes the world for God. How could I do that? I had always been a PK, a preacher's kid, and also a preacher's grandkid, and growing up, I'd read books about Corrie Ten Boom and Gladys Aylward, famous missionaries in the past. But, leaning on my writing talent for my future career, I'd never really considered following in their footsteps. When I had that thought, I felt called to Africa or Mexico especially. 

For some reason, I felt nervous to tell anyone. But when I finally told my parents, my mother cried tears of joy, and my father was prouder than I could ever remember him being in my life. So, thanks to the Lord and His words, my path is changed. I plan to go on a missions trip as soon as I can, and will open a Christian orphanage for needy children and take them in, care for them, teach them.

I will change the world.

• LydiaTurkey

I couldn't help but stop and read your article when I saw its title and I'm glad I did. I am so happy that you feel called to be a missionary. Being one myself, I know how much Christ can change people's lives. All it takes is for someone to minister to them. I will be praying for you!