Catlover

Yo, I am 16 years old if you are wondering! You can call me Imani if you want. I love to study languages, Anime, Star Wars, Jesus Christ, Indila (the French singer), Eragon series, Musicals, Stranger things, Netflix, Marvel, and FOOD!

My paper for my English course. I revised it, let me know what you think.

Never Give Up

3
     Like all things in life, we encounter challenges and hardships. Some of these challenges shape us and helps us grow into better people, but that is only if we choose to learn from it. Life is full of choices. Some bigger than others. I am just happy I made the right choice.
Ever since the age of twelve, I knew for certain I wanted to be a writer full time. I enjoyed pouring emotions on a blank piece of paper and creating dramatic scenes. I loved writing that I didn’t want to stop, ever. I wrote when I had free time when I was bored, and even when I just felt like it. Sometimes my punishment for doing something wrong was no writing for a week or something.
I remember this one time I did not obey my parents and my mom told me sternly,
“You can’t write for a whole week.”
“But… but that's not fair,” I clearly remember stating.
If I wasn’t writing I was thinking about writing or watching a movie to help me come up with inspiration for my stories. So, basically, I wrote more than I breathed. But I really enjoyed writing scripts than writing stories to be honest. I learned how to write scripts from other writers and books. The main books I read were other scripts that I found on the internet, like Spider-Man and Star Wars,  and Screenwriting for Dummies. I learned awfully quick and used my knowledge to write scripts. I knew I wanted to create movies and shows that would be on television someday. I craved writing angles for the camera to focus on or the interesting dialogue for my characters.  
About three summers ago, I went on the life-changing adventure of writing a movie. For some, writing a movie can be hard but for me, it was so enjoyable and also relaxing. I already had the plot, main characters, settings, and everything planned out. I just had to, well, start writing. Day in and day out, I spent my summer writing. I would sometimes not watch television because I knew someday my work was going to be in it. I was having so much fun doing it. Funny enough, sometimes I would shut myself inside for so long that when I go back outside the light hurts my eyes.
    Sadly though, my fun came to an end when I hit a roadblock: my conclusion of the script.  I didn’t know how to tie everything together. I tried re-writing, but that didn’t help at all it just made it worse. So, I gave up. Allowing my red notebook to lie untouched an entire summer. Writing most of the time, I had a hard time do other things like reading, because I just knew my someday my conclusion would come to me. 
Next summer, I was struck with a brilliant ending and a few more extra scenes. I re read my script and killed my darlings, as you might say. I saw where I needed to strengthen a scene or just delete it. I quickly grabbed my notebook and wrote. I was so excited to be writing about this story again. Within no time, I finished it. I read my script from beginning to end, and I loved it! My plot was clear, my snappy dialogue was perfect, and my action even made me feel like defeating a bad guy or two.
I learned from this experience, that you can never give up no matter what. I know that sounds like something from a greeting card, but its true. If I did give up, my story would never have an ending. To this day, that script stands as a symbol for me. A symbol of perseverance, patience, and hardwork. 

1

• Catlover

Also, I would love if you read my piece: Untitled Marvel script.

• Catlover

Sure thing!

• Darth Plagueis The Wise66

Very Nice!! One of the best school papers I've ever read. I too know how it feels to banned from writing as a punishment. It makes you feel like your mind and soul are shackled and your happiness feels as if it is being consumed by an all-encompassing void of melancholy. By the way, I also have something that I want to sell to Marvel. I finally completed the character introduction, and I would very much appreciate it if you would take a look and give me your thoughts. The title is CHARACTER PROFILE: META FILE #26187.

• Catlover

No, it is not a movie. I want to sell it to Marvel someday. Fingers crossed! :)

• MAAZ

Did you make it into a movie? If so, pleaseeeeeee let me watch it. If not, make it into a movie!!! I'm glad you became a writer :)

• Corner Writing Club

Hey! Two things: firstly, we've announced our contest winners! Make sure to go check that out. Second, are you a novel writer, or are interested in giving feedback to novels on WtW? Read our piece "CALLING ALL BETA READERS AND NOVEL WRITERS", and please consider becoming one! :)